A seller I recently purchased from has now sent me someone else's item and won't respond to messages

Ideas anyone?

I have been messaging the seller for over 3 weeks telling them I have their item and asking them to send me a returns label. Nothing. Their buyer must be getting very fed up by now and so am I. The seller is a newbie and seemed to be having trouble with the Ebay app and comms in general when I made my purchase, so things didn't go smoothly and I wonder if they are now blanking me deliberately because of this. If anyone has any helpful suggestions on how I can get their attention, please shout up. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

A seller I recently purchased from has now sent me someone else's item and won't respond to messages

Did you receive your purchase or just the wrong item, as it makes a lot of difference.

If you have received your purchase, and also this extra item, then you cannot force the seller to do anything. You can perhaps give seller 7 days to provide a return label after which you will dispose of item.

DO NOT get involved in sending on to correct buyer, as if anything went wrong it would cause you a lot of aggravation for something that was not your problem in the first place.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

You need to open a case for item not as described and get a label to return the wrong item to the seller.

You must do this now as you only have 30 days from receipt to start this.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes, I received my purchase weeks ago - that was all sorted and separate to this. The seller must have retained my address and mistakenly used it on her next sale. So, out of the blue, I received another item that someone else bought and now I seem to be stuck with it. If there is no other way to alert the seller other than through Ebay messaging, I guess I'll just have to hold on to it and hope the penny drops at some point. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I would do exactly what you plan to do - just put the package to one side and wait.

You have messaged the seller - they haven't responded.

Maybe when the intended recipient opens a 'not received' case, the seller will work out what they did.

If they do, make sure they supply a label for you to send the item back to them.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I didn't realise from your original post that this was an additional item so you can ignore my previouus reply,just hold on to it as you say to see if the seller realises.They will still have to arrange with you how to return it if they want it back.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent