return after more than 30 days

Hello,

I bought, in April, a smartphone and I need to return it for some repairs under warranty. The seller accepted the return but sais that I need to raise the return through eBay which is impossible because of the time passed since purchase. Is there any other way?

View Entire Topic

@profiler79

• There is unfortunately nothing you can do through either eBay or Paypal

• Neither company offers or gets involved in warranty disputes.

• The eBay & Paypal Money Back Guarantees only specify cover that the item will arrive in the stated timescale & will be as described & work on arrival - The T&C of both clearly state they are not warranties. The eBay & Paypal Money Back Guarantees are in addition to & do not replace your normal consumer rights.

• Warranty issues are between you & the seller

• With a private seller on eBay there is no warranty implied

• If the seller was a UK registered business seller then you may be able to seek assistance from the CAB who will put you in contact with Trading Standards.......or you may possibly need to seek redress through the small claims court

• If it was an overseas registered business then there is nobody who can help you !!

• As you will probably discover any warranty offered by a seller on eBay is only as good as your ability to enforce it