Bidding failure

I have tried to bid on an item but keep getting a message saying Ihave reached the limit for unpaid items so i cant bid however I have no items unpaid items.

Any ideas ???

View Entire Topic

@allylegg5

All new and occasional buyers are given limits and these particularly apply to auctions (bidding).  When you are outbid there is a warning onscreen that you can still win if a bid is cancelled or retracted.  Unfortunately too many people were ignoring the warnings, were going on to scatter bids on loads of similar items and then finding themselves expected to pay for, for example, 6 mobiles instead of just 1.  That's not a good position to be in so eBay have taken steps.

As you build up a good track record for responsible buying activities, eBay will ease the restriction and then lift it completely.  In the meantime, you may still be able to purchase from buy-it-now listings although you may be shown the immediate payment screen.  The trick with auctions is to bid only once, bid your absolute maximum and only bid in the closing minute.  If you win then pay promptly but if you lose then simply go to the next item on your watch list.

Adding a credit card to your eBay account may help, as may linking your eBay and Paypal accounts.