A buyer has deliberately damaged the item for refund gggrrrr!

Any advice what to or where I stand. My instinct was telling me the buyer was dodgy when they wanted the postage reducing and were looking forward to receiving the item as long as it was how I described. Why did I send it!!!!
Now they are saying the coat I sold them is damaged. They have deliberately slit through to the filling on the inside of 1 arm (who takes a photo inside a coat arm so can’t disprove it) as well as unpicking some of the quilting on the coat. Other stuff they have done too but I would be writing an essay! I know they have done this to get a full refund as I stated no returns.
I’ve reported the buyer to eBay as a scammer but looks like it will go in their favour. Customer service totally useless ☹️
Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

i feel for you.  its getting stupid.

i sold as item as parts or not working.  buyer said it doesn;t work.  i said thats right, it doesn't hence sold as spares or repair.  he asked for a refund after then stating one worked.  i said no.

he opened a case. ebay refund.

reason ebay - USA - gave me was they could not test if the item worked or not so could not validate the buyers issue.  i told ebay that of course it didn't work as i sold it as not working.  UK customer service agreed with me, USA, thick droids obviously, wouldn't change the decision.

you couldn't make it up!

i'm sure that ebay as aspiring to become amazon.  i really do, as there  seller support is absolutely diabolical.

in rel;ation to yours, it'll be the same, ebay couldn't possibly varify the coats condition, why would they, so they have to side with the buyer.  it makes no difference if its sold as faulty, spares or just old, they seem to ignore your actual auction.

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

To me eBay may as well say go ahead and scam people because buyers rule. There is no protection for a seller.
When you report the buyer, do you know if anything comes from it?
Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

If you no that the item you sent was In Good condition when you posted it
then I would get in contact with ebay by phone if you speak to them in
person they are usually good at listening, good luck.
Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent

What annoys me too is that you have to pay for them to send it back. So not only have you lost money on postage once but then you end up with a damaged item you cannot re-sell!
Message 5 of 37
See Most Recent

I’ve tried phoning them but it’s just a recorded message. Do you have a direct contact number?
Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

I've had similar problems Unfortunately all you can do is give them a bad post and tell everyone not to touch them but they'll probably just change their user name and carry on eBay should ban them if enough people complain x
Message 7 of 37
See Most Recent

It’s putting me off using eBay now. It’s just too risky x
Message 8 of 37
See Most Recent

I agree with talking to eBay about this. They helped me when someone said they received something broken that I had sold them. (It wasn’t). They tend to listen better and more sympathetic than reading messages
Best of luck

Get Outlook for iOS
Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

I can’t get through on the phone to speak to anyone
Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

Nothing for the seller, eBay always slides with the buyer. I am just now dealing with a buyer who bought a pallet of customer returns from me - 12-15 items are from Amazon and in my listing is stated many times that I do not guarantee the condition, but the buyer started a return, which accelerate into a case and now eBay is telling me that I have to provide the buyer with postage label, which costs £80  and to issue a full refund... 

Message 11 of 37
See Most Recent

your problem is you didn't list as 'spares or repairs' so the buyer had every right to expect the items to work and as they don't they can use the MBG to get a refund

Message 12 of 37
See Most Recent

to be honest, i listed my one as spares and repairs and throughout the ad stated they did not work, untested and for spares and repair only and ebay still refunded them.  the reason they gave was ebay could not test the items to verify they worked or not.  i told them, on the phone, 3 times that they didn't work and were listed as such and they still sided with the buyer. 

Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

But there is no option to list as spares repairs on job lot/mixed lot - it only gives you new/used? 

what category would you put them under? 

Message 14 of 37
See Most Recent

i would have listed it under pc desktops etc instead.

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

Oops think the thread got mixed up there, my comment was meant to reply to pixie, in relation to bargain outlets problems with their pallet of mixed goods, sorry for the confusion! 🙂 

Message 16 of 37
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about sellers scamming buyers? There are issues on both sides. 

Why would a buyer want to destory an item for no reason? 

It is true that sellers might lack protection, but at the of the day, they want protection because of the bad apples on eBay. 

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the cost of selling. If you cannot afford return postage,even if you are not at fault or as goodwill you should not be selling. As for the "you end up with a damaged item you cannot re-sell", that is an issue of dishonest buyers and sellers misrepresenting the resold item as brand new when it is not. 

Message 18 of 37
See Most Recent

under desktop/laptops you can list as for parts or not working.  which is spares or repair basically.

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

Lleave me alone. Am terminal. I am not a seller

Get Outlook for Android
Message 20 of 37
See Most Recent