Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

screen size

hi folks i know how you are all clever when it comes to puters and i have a small problem well slightly big problem on my ebay page only the screen shot is a bit big so to read some of the posts ect i have to scroll the bottom bar if that all makes s...

Cholesterol

I had a blood test yesterday to check my Cholesterol levels, will get the results in a couple of days. I also found out that when I last had it checked, 5 years ago, it was 5.9 The nurse said they prefer it to be under 5 So how do I lower it? Is the ...

Real tried / tested reviews on peels etc for reducing facial pore size please?

Hi there I'd like to hear from anyone who has found successful treatments for reducing facial pore size. I understand that most products do not work, but maybe someone out there has had some luck? I'm seriously considering a medium depth chemical pee...

I'm a silly coo.....

I was weeding in the garden today, and I slipped a bit on the border I was weeding.....I has hurt my hoof that I had operated on in Dec. It hurts as if I've sprained my ankle....I got told off by OH for doing too much...which is rich seeing he's just...

Me holiday's gone!!!!!!

well, that's it then, where have those 9 days gone???? but I really enjoyed this time off, OH has been a joy to be with, we've had a few picnics out and got a lot done in the house....happy. how about you Ed? have you enjoyed yours? who's next?

How do these companies do this???

Just spotted in my Bett*ware catalogue..... Driving course, brochures and question cards....here it comes............. Pass first time...every time. eh??? don't they vet these things to see if all is OK...still gave me a laugh though.

Snoring

Does anyone know of a cure for snoring that actually works? It's becoming a big problem where I live. Gen

Mondays, munchies

Just got back from seeing my friend, so had a quick tea as OH was starving and is incapable of making anything other than a sandwich,We had sausages, mash and beans. Such a beautiful day, warm in the sunshine, loverly.

Going the extra mile?

When selling stuff on eBay I always type in my signature - "going the extra mile is standard" and abide by it. On a couple of occasions I have actually taken this a step further. In one particular case I had to send something to Russia, and was worri...

potted shrimps

Just watching countryfile coming from Southport (where we used to live) and they were shrimping. Anyone else besides me like potted shrimps? ooooh I just love them but you rarely see them now...

Monday moan - up against IMPOSSIBLE odds when trying to get a realistic price for a book!

Don't you find it really, really frustrating when, trying to sell an item in pristine condition you are undercut by a company with hundreds of thousands of sales behind them offerin exactly the same item as you for just 40% of what you are prepared t...

Sundays summery supper

Not quite sure what to have, I have got some pork loin chops in the fridge, new potatoes, bit of veg, so will make something from that.Just got in from the garden and can't really be bothered to cook, so something quick and easy when OH wakes up. He ...

Morris Men

I saw some Morris men coming through town this morning going to do a display. It interests me the Folk Lore connected to Morris Dancers,The Green Man, Man with the Horses head ect. I think it originally may have been to do with fertility basically bu...

easter.jpg

Pork Crackling

I don't cook pork often but when I do I can never seem to achieve the lovely crispy crackling. I have bought a nice shoulder of pork so I thought I'd ask you ladies and gents for any tips on getting the crackling rght. Thanks.

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is somebody taking the Pilsner?!!!

Some time ago my wife bought a hardback edition of The Branson Brood. by Freda M Long. She paid quite a bit of money for it. Glancing through various books I came across one by the same author, this one A Requium for Richard. I looked at the price tw...