How are you today Captain

How did you get on at the hospital, we were all thinking of you,

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

HELLO...where is that mad coo downloadwe love you.jpg

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

We certainly do love her.  I wonder how she got on today.  Fingers crossed that everything went well.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

PPPFFTTTT!!!!.....

had a two hour delay to get into see him (appt was in the end 11.50am)

got another doctor not my usual one, who was very abrupt. I said I had a swelling on my foot, he made me take off both my shoes and socks and said it was because my shoes were too tight!!! I said no it's swells when me shoes are in the closet.....

He then asked if it hurt I said yes, he asked could I walk a long way, I said I had to walk a long way in work but it hurt....so he said I could walk a long way.....sheesh!!!! do they ever listen....so I insisted it hurt so he wants me to go back in 3mths.

OH was climbing the walls...well they don't do wait do they?

I've decided to give up the walking stick as I think it makes it worse.

thankyou for asking darlings xx

Photobucket

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Oh CB that doesn't sound like a proper consultation at all.
I'd see your G.P and see if they can't get you an earlier back up appointment as 3 months is a long time if you are actually doing yourself more harm than good.
Hope you're OK in yourself and please take care xxxxx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

aawww thanks Stan xx

funnily enough, I've an appointment at the docs 1st May, so I'm going to ask her what she thinks, I think it's a fallen arch, so I'm going to ask her to refer me to the orthotic guy.

I found out the last time, as long as the work they did is OK, they aren't bothered about the other aches and pains you get. I think you just exchange one pain for another....hey ho.

But I won't stop being positive and cheerful!!!bouncy laffin smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

@captainbovine wrote:

But I won't stop being positive and cheerful!!!bouncy laffin smiley.gif

.....................................and a little eccentric .......................oh and did I mention slightly mad xxxx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

CB, that is ridiculous.  As Stan says, go and see your GP and see what they say.  That is ridiculous. It sounds like one of the cardiologists my mum sees.  Some doctors are ridiculous.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

you can say that again Chris.

Instead of saying "get on the bed please" he just pointed to it.

I very nearly said "...I think that's a bed..."

some of them are so ignorant!!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Don't what makes you think CB is eccentric Stan.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Oh CB! Do not mention Mad it's not done if your a coo, I agree with all the other posters go & see your GP do not wait 3 months if you are having pain!.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

I remember a rheumatologist I used to see at a hospital in Liverpool and he was an absolute horror.  One of his registrars would suggest one course of treatment and he would always disagree.  I always used to feel sorry for the registrars.  Needless to say, they didn't stay with him for long.  My mum only ever met him once and she wished she hadn't.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

CB - sorry to hear about your experience.

I really do encourage you to contact your local Healthwatch and report your experience. Things will never change or improve unless we make the folks in charge aware of what is actually happening. You don't need to make a complaint, just report how and why the experience was unsatisfactory.

Please do ask your GP for support - you use your hooves a lot and it is important to have everything as it should be - please do NOT suffer in silence.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Agree with Stroppy, seeing as you are on your feet for hours on end at work, you really need them to be tip top.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Ohhhhhh you get it sorted ,you dont want any setbacks,,awwwww bless ya coo boo.heart

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent