Youtube.

I've had a strange occurrence on youtube.

I searched for, found and clicked on a track which started to play OK but I noticed the "comments" below just had the circle going round and round and suddenly the video stopped and the page changed to an error page about a missing certificate:-

"The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported."

I had a look here:-  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER?as=u&utm_source=inproduct...

I read it all and I did go back to the error page and clicked "advanced" but it said a certificate couldn't be issued blah, blah, blah. (I'm using Waterfox BTW).

I went back to where I was but youtube refused to play... I opened youtube again and clicked on a video I'd watched over a week ago and that played OK so I searched again for my original one at the start of this saga, found a different version of the same song, clicked that and it played just fine sooooooooooooo:-

What was up with my original choice? Was there "something" in the comments which triggered the error page?

What was the song title? = "The tracks of my tears". I clicked on the first one that came up.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Youtube.

I can't help (as usual!), Cee-Dee, but I vaguely remember a similar occurrence on a trusted site in Firefox quite recently - I don't think I cured it, it may simply have gone away.

I've had so many horrendous problems since the Win10 1803 update that my head won't stop spinning.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent