MS Picture Manager and Windows 10

I noticed on another forum (pprune) that Windows 10 no longer includes MS Picture Manager.

If anyone needs it, it can be obtained here:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/where-is-picture-manager-58837c3e-34db-4904-95e8-4eca7b7c57...

Probably worth saving instead of just running the installation file (unless it's one of those irritating "stub" things which needs an internet connection to download the whole thing) in case a future update uninstalls the whole thing for your safety and convenience.

If this is a load of rubbish - apologies! I don't have a Windows 10 computer to investigate further.

(Tries not to look smug.)

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

It only had limited editing tools. I never used it, I use PSP.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I use IrfanView, have done for many years.  Recently I discovered PhotoScape, another freebie, which gives me a little versatility with frames/borders (that's how I got the oval ospreys on my desktop).  I stick with IrfanView 99%.

I tried an old version of Photoshop in a recent mad moment: far too complex and OMG how expensive!  I wanted it to enhance washed-out and grainy video, but that feature wasn't working anyway.

So !!!  I've just taken the plunge and installed VirtualDub2, but am floundering with that, I think I need more plugins but can't understand the lingo, need more expertise than I have.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent