Ebay Verification Email show up randomly. Sent Docs are clear as day but Email still comes?

I've had this current Ebay account for about 3 years and I've had no issues until now. I've brought and sold stuff and have always been payout quickly by Ebay even when it's been a high value transaction. But then I sold an item this week and Ebay decided not to pay me out until I verify my account. I didn't notice it right away as I wasn't expecting an issue. But as a result I felt that I had to refund the buyer because it was a high value item and I couldn't post the item on time without getting paid.

So I got a photo of a document to send Ebay, checked my details and sent it. Then an hour or so goes by and Ebay sent me another Email asking me to verify my account. Then it happened again. Then I took another photo and the document is as clear as day to read then I get another verification Email from Ebay. WHY? Does Ebay need a 4k resolution photo now???

It's so annoying because I waited ages to sell something and Ebay screws me over.   

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay Verification Email show up randomly. Sent Docs are clear as day but Email still comes?

Not sold for along period and eBay have made some changes with Managed Payments ... Classed as a New/Returning Seller and subject to 14+ days Payment Holds on your currently listed items ... eBay will advise when/where to send item once Payment has been made >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816...

Using a PC/Laptop, check and update your account details, especially a UK based Banking/Card payment setup and Submit any changes ... You will be required to sign in again to confirm those changes >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/account/changing-account-settings/changing-account-settings?id=4193

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=2&query=S...

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I've tried to verify my account over 10 times in the last two days. Does you account verify instantly or does it take days? Also does Ebay message you when your account is verified? I've read that the Ebay account verification has issues if the user has middle-names if they present on your ID but not on your bank details because Ebay needs your name to be 100% identical on everything. But many people include their middle name in their banking details?

Ebay must be using bots that are flawed to verify people's accounts because I've tried everything. I even tried putting my middle name in the surname field with my surname because I read that it worked. But nothing worked and Ebay dosen't even say why the verification failed. I just get the same Email sent to me every time.

I'm really fed-up with Ebay now. From the time Ebay split from Paypal they just keep randomly moving the goalposts and make things more complicated for sellers for no reason. Ebay does stupid things like they removed a DVD boxset I was selling because they claimed it was a counterfeit item. It was a retail TV show DVD boxset that I bought from Amazon.

I don't think I can face spending days trying to get through to a real person at Ebay customer service to verify my account. I think I will try selling on Amazon instead. I'm sure I won't go through this drama if I sign-up as a seller on there. It was very easy to sell on Amazon back in the day. Ebay are acting like they are MI5 with their security and verification processes. I have to type in 4+ codes to navigate through my account menu. It's absolutely Riddiculous.          

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi

Very sorry to read about your issues with ebay.

I have struggled to find an email address to send ebay my verification documents. Could you let me have one, please !!

Thanks

Peter

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent