Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 23.08.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible.

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

This week we will have marco@ebay only on the weekly chat. Marco has knowledge in Buying, Selling, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything he isn't sure on he’ll know the people who will be! Please ask him any questions you may have and he’ll do all he can to support.

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer.

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat!

Many thanks,
Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

Hi,

I came to the Brighton Ebay event and was advised to use listing reports. I have done so and my listing report says that I have a high SNAD rate. How do I know how to change my listings to what is regarded as correct by Ebay as I have used the manufacturers information and there is no further info on the listing report as to how this has been decided,

thanks

Alli

Message 21 of 30
See Most Recent

@treetopsminicottages wrote:

As it is now a requirement to add a payment method before making an offer, unless the seller has opted out, can you clear up a few issues including how to ask for an invoice for combined postage if buying more than one item from the same seller, also how to select Click & Collect if offered? Also does it apply to collection items as cash has been the recommended payment in the past.

Also, if an offer is received through the watch list is a payment method required before the offer can be accepted or countered?

Finally, Is it the case that sellers in UK have automatically been opted in to this requirement.

There appears to have been quite a bit of confusion since it was introduced.

Hi  treetopsminicottages, thanks for your post.

At the moment, it wouldn't be possible to request an invoice if the seller has this feature enabled. If the Click & Collect option is available on a particular listing, you will be able to select it as usual. However, if the item is listed for cash, the seller won't be able to use this feature as there is no way to pay cash in advance.

If you receive an offer from the seller and they have this feature enabled, you will need to have it set up, yes.

Regarding your final question, sellers will have the option to opt in by themselves. Also, they can opt out if they wish any time they want.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 30
See Most Recent

Hi mteconlineshop,

If posts don't follow our community guidelines, they may be removed without notice. For further information, you can see our community guidelines here.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 23 of 30
See Most Recent

@iceblue_uk wrote:

Hi

Is there any scenario where a top rated plus seller with the premium service badge would not qualify for the 10% FVF discount associated with that status?

Hi iceblue_uk, thanks for your post.

If you are already a top rated seller, your listings that include 1-day dispatch, a minimum 30-day return policy, an express delivery option offering delivery within 1 day, and a free delivery option qualify for eBay Premium Service will have the benefit of 10% off FVF. Otherwise, the discount might no apply.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 24 of 30
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Why was there no weekly chat last week?

The name suggests there is one every week, but did not see anything anywhere to say there wouldn't be one?

Hi ducatimondo,

Due to some personal situations, we weren't able to attend to last week's chat. However, we will continue to do this chat on a weekly basis.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 25 of 30
See Most Recent

@nsa.ltd wrote:

As a seller I'm getting increasingly frustrated with eBay harrassing buyers questioning whether they have received their item or not, typically 2 days after the item has been posted. This not only increase INR cases dramatically, it also puts the seller under immense pressure. I have had countless INR cases opened merely 4 days after the item has been purchased, and 3 days after it was posted. Why are you doing this? Why are you messaging buyers continually with 'Have you received your item yet?' 'If you've not received your item yet we can help!', which then leads to the buyer opening a case. This needs to stop!

Hi nsa.ltd, thanks for your post.

This may happen when a transaction is not marked as dispatched and/or a tracking number wasn't added, this will specially happens after the estimated delivery date. Buyers aren't able to file an item not received case before the estimated delivery date has passed, so if you see a case where an item not received case is file before the estimated delivery has passed due to this emails, please report it to us, and we will be happy to look into it.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 26 of 30
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

I didn't get a repsonse to this a few weeks ago. This is in relation to the impressions beta tests we were put on without our knowledge or consent.

So here it is again:

The user agreement actually states it  not liable for things that aren't reasonably forseeable. I firmly believe, if they have done this test, they would have had a hypothesis or success or no success. It would be reasonable to believe that if their little experiment of messing about with impressions didn't work then businesses would lose sales. Not only that it doesn't state in that section them not being liable for something they have purposefully done to selected stores.

User Agreement: Section 14

We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, agents and employees) shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising, directly or indirectly from:

• your use of or your inability to use our Services;
  • pricing, postage or other guidance provided by eBay;
  • delays or disruptions in our Services;
  • viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Services;
  • glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
  • damage to your hardware device from the use of any eBay Service;
  • the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
  • a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing eBay section;
  • the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results as set out in the Listing conditions section; or
  • your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.

Not only that, it then goes on to say, if they are found liable ...

If we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) any amounts due under the eBay Money Back Guarantee up to the price the item sold for on eBay and its original postage costs, (b) the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees which you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) £100.

As far as i'm concerned this does not mean ebay can do what they want to our accounts wiithout any redress. This was not an accident, this was an intentional experiment to the detriment of thousand of  sellers worldwide.

And now, despite impressions seemingly going back to normal, they aren't they're all now impressions for external places, so it seems anyone actually searching ON ebay aren't seeing us as sales are still dead.

Hi lord_and_lady_m, thanks for your post.

I can see has this been clarified to you before, while I understand where you are coming from, the answer would still be the same, no compensation would be offered here.

Thank you,

eBay
Message 27 of 30
See Most Recent

@colisempe_0 wrote:

Hello, My account payments are on hold until I send ID proof. I do not drive nor have a passport. I also have no government ID, so what can I do?. 

Hi

We would normally recommend a Driver's license, passport, or any Government issued ID. If you don't have any of this, you can upload a birth certificate and proof of address all together, and that will also work for you. Proof of address can be any bill like an electricity or internet bill for example under your name, and that shows your full address.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 28 of 30
See Most Recent

@unitedleisurewear wrote:

Afternoon,

I'm struggling with low sales snd few offers to send. This decline started about6 weeks ago. I would usually fo £100 to £200 of sales a day now it's really reduced. Yesterday only 4 sales and £23. Is there any issues your aware of? Or a problem with my account?

Kind regards 

Peter

Hi  unitedleisurewear,

There are no ongoing issues affecting this at the moment, if you think there is something wrong with your account, you can contact our customer service team, and they will be able to a full review of your account to make sure everything is ok. While we would love to help here, we cannot review accounts over this channel. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 29 of 30
See Most Recent

@coast-rugs wrote:

Hi,

I came to the Brighton Ebay event and was advised to use listing reports. I have done so and my listing report says that I have a high SNAD rate. How do I know how to change my listings to what is regarded as correct by Ebay as I have used the manufacturers information and there is no further info on the listing report as to how this has been decided,

thanks

Alli

Hi coast-rugs, thanks for your post

In this scenario we would suggest providing as much detailed information as possible and as many detailed pictures as possible, like colors, color tones, dimmensions/weight and things and things like this, for example. The more specific information and the more accurate your listing is, the better.

A good idea would be starting a thread on this, so sellers can share their tips as well and any suggestions that helps them to prevent any potential not as describe returns.

Thank you,

Marco 

eBay
Message 30 of 30
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.