💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 18.01.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

How long when a return is received back should a business seller have to refund? For example if I received a return at 2pm today? 

Is there any difference if a return is not delivered to not being available as to receive the delivery? Is it still two business days? 

As recently had two cases opeend when not been given two business days to refund. The refund to the buyer not the issue but ebay keeping fees when not being given time is a issue. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

How long when a return is received back should a business seller have to refund? For example if I received a return at 2pm today? 

Is there any difference if a return is not delivered to not being available as to receive the delivery? Is it still two business days? 

As recently had two cases opeend when not been given two business days to refund. The refund to the buyer not the issue but ebay keeping fees when not being given time is a issue. 

Thanks, 

Hi @returns_andexdisplay ,

It is two business days and it goes by attempted delivery. Do you have the item numbers for the cases and we will have it checked.

Thank you,

Katie

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Back on the 2nd of November I asked 

Any chance you can arrange for some of the long ongoing bugs to be fixed?

The inability to mark items as dispatched (page just hangs)

The inability to add tracking numbers in batch (all that happens is the red error message appears at the top of the page if you try and add more than two)

And on the 'new' listing form when I change an option on a drop down menu, I do that for a reason.  so please can my choice 'stick'.  I don't want ebay to 'revert' it back to what they had before or what they think I need 10 seconds later or worse still when I change another option somewhere else .

I'm not against change, but please remind the programming team that they need to TEST things first. We're trying to run businesses on here, not be beta testers.

Nothing has been done about any of these? Does eBay not consider it important to have a working site?

Also while I  understand eBays effort to push the GSP as an alternative to Royal Mails lack of overseas shipping, it is not acceptable to opt sellers into it against their will, which is what has been happening again this week.  The first time at least an email was sent, however on my selling account I've found this week that I need to opt out daily -  as soon as I list something I'm opted back in again with no notification at all.   So how do I go about convincing eBay that I don't want to use GSP - or is it now compulsory?

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello, I still have customers who haven't recieved parcels from last months strikes. Does anyone know why RM haven't prioritised the earlier parcels? Cases are starting to open against my shop and I am unsure about what to do. If I refund or send replacements I will be at a loss, I am hoping they will still get sent out.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply, have sent you a private message with the return IDs. 

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

@unlimitedretailgoods wrote:

Hello, I still have customers who haven't recieved parcels from last months strikes. Does anyone know why RM haven't prioritised the earlier parcels? Cases are starting to open against my shop and I am unsure about what to do. If I refund or send replacements I will be at a loss, I am hoping they will still get sent out.

Hi @unlimitedretailgoods,

As much as we would like to 'm afraid we don't have an insight to Royal Mails priorities.  It is likely they should be prioritising items sent out last year to be delivered but we can't advise on what their procedures are. Given the number of strikes they had along with the busiest trading time of year it had a big impact on delivery times.  It is still possible items will get delivered as there are other sellers advising their items are now getting delivered. 

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Thank you, what do I do about cases that need to be resolved by tomorrow or next few days etc? Will eBay automatically close the case in their favour? I'm worried I will be at a loss if their items end up arriving soon but have already been refunded..

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Every day for several weeks now, after dispatching all orders in seller hub 'awaiting dispatch', a 2 month old rogue order appears. It magically disappears again as soon as a new order comes in. The status of this order is 'dispatched'. Oddly, it's always present in the 'awaiting dispatch' report.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

Back on the 2nd of November I asked 

Any chance you can arrange for some of the long ongoing bugs to be fixed?

The inability to mark items as dispatched (page just hangs)

The inability to add tracking numbers in batch (all that happens is the red error message appears at the top of the page if you try and add more than two)

And on the 'new' listing form when I change an option on a drop down menu, I do that for a reason.  so please can my choice 'stick'.  I don't want ebay to 'revert' it back to what they had before or what they think I need 10 seconds later or worse still when I change another option somewhere else .

I'm not against change, but please remind the programming team that they need to TEST things first. We're trying to run businesses on here, not be beta testers.

Nothing has been done about any of these? Does eBay not consider it important to have a working site?

Also while I  understand eBays effort to push the GSP as an alternative to Royal Mails lack of overseas shipping, it is not acceptable to opt sellers into it against their will, which is what has been happening again this week.  The first time at least an email was sent, however on my selling account I've found this week that I need to opt out daily -  as soon as I list something I'm opted back in again with no notification at all.   So how do I go about convincing eBay that I don't want to use GSP - or is it now compulsory?

Hi @jreg-fuchsias 

The order bugs are actioned depends on a number of factors like the number of users affected and impact it has directly on the site. It can sometimes lead to some bugs being fixed before others.

The issue with marking as dispatched has unfortunately been ongoing for a while now. There was a fix rolled out but since then, the issue has resurfaced. It is something that is still being looked into. 

I haven't seen any other reports of the options changing back in the listing form. If you can give me some more information on it I'll look into it further. You could open a thread in the Tech Forum and tag me in it. This will help track it if anyone else has the same issue. Include what you're selecting and I can try replicate it from this side. 

GSP can automatically opt an account in but its not mandatory. That said, it shouldn't be something you have to do daily. Ill reach out to the shipping team and find out more on the process it uses. Ill reach out to you directly when I have an answer. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply, have sent you a private message with the return IDs. 

Hi @returns_andexdisplay ,

I  have had the cases checked.

For the first case the buyer escalated it on 16th and there was a reply on the same day. Due to this the system had to make a decision based on the information it had regarding an attempted delivery on the 13th.  I realise this not two business but due to the reply on the case the system over rode once it was escalated.

For the second case there was an attempted delivery on the 8th so the the calculated time was correct.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Can you send me the tracking number for the returns please as they get removed

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

@unlimitedretailgoods wrote:

Thank you, what do I do about cases that need to be resolved by tomorrow or next few days etc? Will eBay automatically close the case in their favour? I'm worried I will be at a loss if their items end up arriving soon but have already been refunded..

Hi @unlimitedretailgoods ,

I understand its not a great situation for you with the cases. I'm afraid cases will process as normal so if they are not resolved by the date then they will end up being closed by eBay.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Can you send me the tracking number for the returns please as they get removed

Hi @returns_andexdisplay,

Let me check that for you and I'll send by pm.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

@iceblue_uk wrote:

Every day for several weeks now, after dispatching all orders in seller hub 'awaiting dispatch', a 2 month old rogue order appears. It magically disappears again as soon as a new order comes in. The status of this order is 'dispatched'. Oddly, it's always present in the 'awaiting dispatch' report.

Hi @iceblue_uk 

There was a similar issue to this a while ago which was resolved. It sounds like it could something similar happening again. 

If you still have them could you PM me the order number of any that have appeared. If you don't have them send them over the next time it happens and I can have it looked into. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.