💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 15.02.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Business user of many years,

Using Ebay App 2 step verification process on all account activity since its launch, 2 step authorised from Ebay App on Apple Iphone. EG we use different laptops/desktops on a daily basis, to do so its has to be authorised through the 2 step verification process authorised from one iphone

New Apple software updated to ios16.3, 2 step verification process stops working.

Follow the Ebay issued instructions on laptop, reset the two step verification setting on the Ebay App

The issue – The Ebay App is turning Off 2 step verification on the App only (not in account settings) So Push Settings Sent To Ebay App may be sent but the App has turned off that setting off after one use and you can not use this verification process, so have to go through text/email

'The Process'

Ebay App

Settings

Sign In and Security

**Set up 2 step verification**

Verify Your Contact Info (which we do)

Acknowledged by the App 'Success! 2 Step Verification is now active ' And its changed from Off setting to On setting within the app. Additionally an email is received acknowledging 2 step verification process is active.

2 step verification process is used once only and then 2 step verification switches off within the app, its clear **2 step verification** has two settings on and off, and its automatically turning off after one use.

Checked Account settings on Desktop, settings set correctly Push Settings Sent to Ebay App

Tried CS who could not comprehend, they only saw desktop Account Settings set to Push so there could not be an issue as the Push would be sent, insisting its a phone/user issue. The issue is with in the App not Account Settings, the App is turning off 2 step verification

Checked forums

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/2-Step-Verification-Keeps-Turning-itself-Of...

Again happily been using the 2 step verification process, know how to use it, appears a fault in the App not user issue, I'm not turning it off why would I? I want the security, I cant see it as user issue. 

CS unable to assist, please escalate accordingly

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

gm0tkc
Conversationalist

I have had to refund an overseas customer for a package which has gone missing because of the Royal Mail cyber attack

Buyer had to open a not received case for EACH of the 20 items included in the order – similarly I have had to do refunds for each individual item!

Why is it not possible for buyers to open ONE not received case for the complete order --easier for him and for me to make one refund!

Tom Maxwell

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Hi @fatbobfan 

I get what you're saying, I'll reach out to the Development Team with this and see if its an issue they are aware of. 

I'll reach out to you directly as soon as I have an update. 

Thanks,

Dave.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

ebay message roll.jpg

ebays missing messages turn up 24 hr late.jpg

  

A while back I posted on the technicle issue boards that messages were going astray in this thread

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Some-buyers-smessages-are-not-forwarded-to-my-email...

I was told it was going to be passed onto the department that deals with it but 2 months lated the issue still persists.

Messages are sometimes taking a day to get to me (if at all) and they are being omitted from the two way converstion messages that ebay have rolled out recently.

I am attaching screenshots of the message roll that shows the weird conversation I had with a buyer and a screenshot of the day after when the missing messages just appeared in my messages.

This delay/omission meant items were sent out that were not necessary and the buyer is now going to have to return them because of this issue as his messages did not reach me till 24 hours later....which like i say has been going on for more than 2 months.

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

@gm0tkc wrote:

I have had to refund an overseas customer for a package which has gone missing because of the Royal Mail cyber attack

Buyer had to open a not received case for EACH of the 20 items included in the order – similarly I have had to do refunds for each individual item!

Why is it not possible for buyers to open ONE not received case for the complete order --easier for him and for me to make one refund!

Tom Maxwell

Hi @gm0tkc ,

The process is this way due to the items being different from eachother. If it was the case that it was multiple quantities of the same item in the one order then it would be one case. However as it is different items it needs to be a case per item.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

gm0tkc
Conversationalist

Thanks Kat

When all items are on the same invoice and the same buyer it seems a very cumbersome process.

TM

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Hello,

-For the past couple of months, whenever i do a search it automatically switch to Worldwide instead of default.

It's really annoying.

-Still plenty of people abusing the system in the video games category by exploting the variations/offer choice option. 

Thank you

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

@ukhaberdashery wrote:

ebay message roll.jpg

ebays missing messages turn up 24 hr late.jpg

  

A while back I posted on the technicle issue boards that messages were going astray in this thread

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Some-buyers-smessages-are-not-forwarded-to-my-email...

I was told it was going to be passed onto the department that deals with it but 2 months lated the issue still persists.

Messages are sometimes taking a day to get to me (if at all) and they are being omitted from the two way converstion messages that ebay have rolled out recently.

I am attaching screenshots of the message roll that shows the weird conversation I had with a buyer and a screenshot of the day after when the missing messages just appeared in my messages.

This delay/omission meant items were sent out that were not necessary and the buyer is now going to have to return them because of this issue as his messages did not reach me till 24 hours later....which like i say has been going on for more than 2 months.

Hi @ukhaberdashery 

This was escalated to be reviewed at the time, Ill chase up the report to see what happened after this chat. 

Ill get back to you with ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

any news on the 'request total' problem?

we are losing sales because ebay are telling buyers we don't combine postage!

this needs to be fixed ASAP it can't be left as 'we are looking into it'

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Hello,

-For the past couple of months, whenever i do a search it automatically switch to Worldwide instead of default.

It's really annoying.

-Still plenty of people abusing the system in the video games category by exploting the variations/offer choice option. 

Thank you

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

It may be doing this in the search when there it not alot of results to your specific location so to give you more results. However I will forward on this feedback regarding your search.

Appreciate you have reported about the video games category before and it is insight we have shared. We will share it forward again but we cannot give any guarantee to a change in the process.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

@pixiesen2012 wrote:

any news on the 'request total' problem?

we are losing sales because ebay are telling buyers we don't combine postage!

this needs to be fixed ASAP it can't be left as 'we are looking into it'

Hi @pixiesen2012 ,

As per my reply on the thread you tagged earlier the issue has been escalated from our side. We don't have a exact timescale and tech are continuing to work on a fix .

Once I get a further update on it I will update the main thread.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Latest annoucment from ebay.

4. Set realistic dispatch times 

When stating your dispatch time, make sure it's something you can manage (we try to manage it but ebay override what sellers put). Failing to post on time can lead to your item arriving late. If you ever need to take time away from running your eBay business, remember you can schedule a break using Time Away, which will also ensure estimated delivery dates are adjusted.

How are sellers meant to set realistic dispatch and delivery when ebay try to manage our business? Just the latest example

Buyer bought on Sunday 5th Feb Parcel dispatched on the 6th

8th Feb get a message from the buyer 

My parcel has not Arrived safely in. It said between feb7 and feb 8 th. It has not arrived. I am away tomorrow. Do you know where it is. Please Thankyou for helping.

Item is listed with 2 day dispatch and 2 - 3 day delivery. 

Buys Sunday 2 day dispatch equals dispatch Monday or Tuesday with 2 - 3 day delivery meaning should arrive Thursday or Friday. 

But ebay tell buyers item will get there quicker, buyer is then disapointed and I have to take time to check status of delivery and reply to something I should not need to. 

I like many other sellers and no doubt yourselves are fed up of dealing with this. 

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Thanks i appreciate,

It's really frustrating to loose so much money and sales.

The worst is ebay is loosing money too.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

Latest annoucment from ebay.

4. Set realistic dispatch times 

When stating your dispatch time, make sure it's something you can manage (we try to manage it but ebay override what sellers put). Failing to post on time can lead to your item arriving late. If you ever need to take time away from running your eBay business, remember you can schedule a break using Time Away, which will also ensure estimated delivery dates are adjusted.

How are sellers meant to set realistic dispatch and delivery when ebay try to manage our business? Just the latest example

Buyer bought on Sunday 5th Feb Parcel dispatched on the 6th

8th Feb get a message from the buyer 

My parcel has not Arrived safely in. It said between feb7 and feb 8 th. It has not arrived. I am away tomorrow. Do you know where it is. Please Thankyou for helping.

Item is listed with 2 day dispatch and 2 - 3 day delivery. 

Buys Sunday 2 day dispatch equals dispatch Monday or Tuesday with 2 - 3 day delivery meaning should arrive Thursday or Friday. 

But ebay tell buyers item will get there quicker, buyer is then disapointed and I have to take time to check status of delivery and reply to something I should not need to. 

I like many other sellers and no doubt yourselves are fed up of dealing with this. 

Hi @returns_andexdisplay 

As you know EDDs based in part on how the account performs, it will show a date based on this history.  This should be reflected in your dispatch time.

We receive a lot of feedback on how EDDs are calculated and we will continue to pass this back to the shipping team.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

I get what EDD is but when a seller sets dispatch and delivery and something goes wrong ebay punish sellers with defects which can destroy a business or account with things like a few late scans by a couier. 

I would rather put 1 day dispatch with 2 delivery as that is what happens most the time with delivery. But If I put that and courier scans late then delivers late I am punished by ebay. 

Maybe ebay need to have a look at how it treats sellers with metrics and punishments as not exactly positive from a mental health point of view how we are treated or threat of punishment all the time

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.