Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 14.02.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Are ebay aware that, for months, thousands of CDs in ebay's product catalogue have had the Genre Item Specific set to Contemporary Christian? Can this please be fixed.

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

Royal Mail have failed to upload a proof of delivery photo and/or GPS coordinates with several of my orders this past month.
These orders all still show an "item delivered" status and were sent using the Royal Mail Tracked 48 service.

To decide in favour of Sellers during an Item Not Received (INR) case, is it important to eBay decision makers that the GPS coordinates are included alongside an "item delivered" status ?

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi. I sent a offer to a buyer which was accepted. ( 9thfeb) .  But item is still awaiting despatch . Messaged buyer yesterday evening .  But have had no reply as of yet . I have tried to ask them to cancel the item but still no reply . 

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Are ebay aware that, for months, thousands of CDs in ebay's product catalogue have had the Genre Item Specific set to Contemporary Christian? Can this please be fixed.

Hi @rainbowtrax 

I wasn't aware of this but if you can send me some item numbers from where you're seeing it Ill send it to the catalogue team to investigate.

Thanks,

Dave 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

@ssmith0115 wrote:

Royal Mail have failed to upload a proof of delivery photo and/or GPS coordinates with several of my orders this past month.
These orders all still show an "item delivered" status and were sent using the Royal Mail Tracked 48 service.

To decide in favour of Sellers during an Item Not Received (INR) case, is it important to eBay decision makers that the GPS coordinates are included alongside an "item delivered" status ?

Hi ssmith0115, thanks for your post.

Do you have 2 or 3 item numbers we can check, so we can look into this for you? Please note that if the issue is from Royal Mail's end, you would need to contact them directly as we only mirror the updates the upload to their website.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

Sorry that should say seller not buyer

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

Hi. I sent a offer to a buyer which was accepted. ( 9thfeb) .  But item is still awaiting despatch . Messaged buyer yesterday evening .  But have had no reply as of yet . I have tried to ask them to cancel the item but still no reply . 

Hi @williabaxte7 

Has the estimated delivery date passed for the item?

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi team,

I don't suppose there's any update , I realise it takes time,  but is it being pursued, that is,  my wee request to get the ' Mark as Unpaid option'  returned.  It used to be an option, so not a ' new' feature to introduce.

There have been a few more questions this past week,   members mistakenly marking an item as Paid , and wishing to know how to mark as unpaid,  which at present,  is not possible for a seller.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

How many ways do sellers need to say EDD does not work? 

Another examnple that past data does not work for a small business. 

Last Monday I was away for one day at a trade show with my business meaning items were dispatched on the Tuesday. Listings are set to two day dispatch and two day delivery. Most item usually get dispatched same or next business day but I allow an extra day so not to get hit by defects and punishments if something goes wrong. Butter to under promise and over deliver. 

Yet with ebay working on past data buyers are shown it will get there quicker which does not work when a seller takes the full two days to dispatch. On the Monday I had three buyers message asking if the item had been dispatch. 

When explaining that I offer two day dispatch and two day delivery they were understaning. Just another example of where ebay think they know better than the actuall business providing the service and causing sellers problems that don't need to happen if ebay showed sellers delivery dispatch times and delviery better these peoblems would not exisit. 

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

dave@ebay it's pretty much endemic tbh. Here's over 235,000 items ranging from John Lennon and Bob Dylan to Abba to David Lee Roth: Contemporary Christian genre. It's not a case of item numbers, it's assigned by EAN so all listings for all of the thousands of affected EANs have the genre as Contemporary Christian in ebay's catalogue. As soon as you try and list an item, you add the EAN to that field on the listing form (as it's compulsory) and all the error strewn catalogue data is automatically applied to the listing.

It's been like it for months. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the listing and wrongly enter "Does not apply" in the EAN field to stop the catalogue data from being attached.

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Hi team,

I don't suppose there's any update , I realise it takes time,  but is it being pursued, that is,  my wee request to get the ' Mark as Unpaid option'  returned.  It used to be an option, so not a ' new' feature to introduce.

There have been a few more questions this past week,   members mistakenly marking an item as Paid , and wishing to know how to mark as unpaid,  which at present,  is not possible for a seller.

Thanks.

Hi @tressygirl,

No we do not have an update on this, and it may be something that we won't hear back on.

I did share this feedback with the team but have not heard any updates.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi Dave no the edd is tomorrow. 

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi Marco,

It is a Royal Mail issue but I would like to know how eBay deal with this situation.

eBay say in their rules that a "delivered" or "attempted delivery" status is sufficient to be determined as a successful delivery from a sellers perspective.

The rules don't mention that GPS coordinates have to be included as part of a successful delivery so was wondering what eBay's stance is on this issue.

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

Thanks Katie,  I'll just keep looking out for it on the drop down menu,  hopefully will see its return, handy tool to have.

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

How many ways do sellers need to say EDD does not work? 

Another examnple that past data does not work for a small business. 

Last Monday I was away for one day at a trade show with my business meaning items were dispatched on the Tuesday. Listings are set to two day dispatch and two day delivery. Most item usually get dispatched same or next business day but I allow an extra day so not to get hit by defects and punishments if something goes wrong. Butter to under promise and over deliver. 

Yet with ebay working on past data buyers are shown it will get there quicker which does not work when a seller takes the full two days to dispatch. On the Monday I had three buyers message asking if the item had been dispatch. 

When explaining that I offer two day dispatch and two day delivery they were understaning. Just another example of where ebay think they know better than the actuall business providing the service and causing sellers problems that don't need to happen if ebay showed sellers delivery dispatch times and delviery better these peoblems would not exisit. 

Hi  returns_andexdisplay, thanks for your post.

I appreciate where you are coming from, and while we understand what you are trying to say, this has been flagged and reviewed from our end, and no faults have been found. I understand this is not the outcome/answer you'd expect as sellers, but again, there are not technical faults affecting EDDs.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

@ssmith0115 wrote:

Hi Marco,

It is a Royal Mail issue but I would like to know how eBay deal with this situation.

eBay say in their rules that a "delivered" or "attempted delivery" status is sufficient to be determined as a successful delivery from a sellers perspective.

The rules don't mention that GPS coordinates have to be included as part of a successful delivery so was wondering what eBay's stance is on this issue.

Hi ssmith0115, thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid that if the issue is not from our end, there is no much we could do about  3rd party platforms. You can always appeal any potential defects, but please note that we would follow Royal Mail updates. If they don't acknowledge the issue or confirm it, we wouldn't have a way to confirm this in order to take further actions. So, this is something you would need to escalate with them.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

dave@ebay it's pretty much endemic tbh. Here's over 235,000 items ranging from John Lennon and Bob Dylan to Abba to David Lee Roth: Contemporary Christian genre. It's not a case of item numbers, it's assigned by EAN so all listings for all of the thousands of affected EANs have the genre as Contemporary Christian in ebay's catalogue. As soon as you try and list an item, you add the EAN to that field on the listing form (as it's compulsory) and all the error strewn catalogue data is automatically applied to the listing.

It's been like it for months. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the listing and wrongly enter "Does not apply" in the EAN field to stop the catalogue data from being attached.

Perfect, thanks @rainbowtrax

Ive pulled a few examples from the list and I'll escalate this to the catalogue team to be reviewed.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Another request for the return of a removed feature. Please can we have back the Unsold Deleted link as this was very useful. In your Unsold list, when you delete an item then it's gone for good. It's very easy to accidentally delete a batch of unsold listings and there are often questions on the boards about how to recover them. Until about 18 months ago, there was an Unsold Deleted page you could go to which had an option to tick all the listings and select Undelete to bring them back - much like recovering something from your Recycle Bin. Then, suddenly and unannounced, ebay removed it and the link is now dead. PLEASE can it be returned?

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

eBay state that EDDs are working as intended with no technical faults.

I have done extensive research on delivery options and haven't been able to find anyone who can deliver the day before an item is dispatched.  The EDDs stated clearly indicate that this is possible so please could you advise which service I should be using to achieve delivery to the customer the day before dispatching the item.

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.