💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 08.02.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Hello,

I have had an issue with the account seller level for the past 2 months. I have contacted customer service regarding the issue but have not been provided a solution.

In December my account was put below standard so I contacted customer service as I did not know the reason why. They informed me that it would change on December 20th and go back to top seller but it did not change. I contacted customer support again and they said it would change on January 20th (The next review date). I was told by multiple members of the customer service team it would be top seller on the 20th of January. Unfortunately, it did not change and it remained below standard.

I contacted customer support again and they informed me that there was an error and that it should be top seller and that they would change it. Unfortunately, it still was not changed. I contacted customer support again last week and they informed me they would definitely change it. It’s been a week and still no change.

I hope you can help in some way as it has been a very difficult 2 months and customer service has not really been much help. I still have the chat logs which show what customer service has told me that I can provide.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

I have just bough a postage label (Royal Mail) to send latest item Im selling  How will you know its arrived so I get paid please?

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

hi 

the sellers cannot send the offers to the buyers on the watch list, specially the ones with the product variations, i have emailed ebay several times but not a reply.

At this moment where sales are down 95% , to be able to offer the buyers on the watch list would be a big turning point for us sellers,

Are you able to help resolve this issue in any way at all, as i have literally given up.

It seems to be very simple process, however to put this message through to the right person seems more impossible than ever.

pls advise.

many thanx

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi, I have had an item returned to me as seller following posting to the Global shipping Centre in Lichfield, it was marked by Royal Mail as not called for on 2.2.23. The buyer is in Australia. What should I do?

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Sorry to bring this up again, but the EDD have got worse.  I have attached a screenshot of an order which I received a few minutes ago.  This shows dispatch by 9th February and EDD shown to buyer is 9th to 10 February.  My cut off time for same day dispatch is 10am Mon - Fri and I post by 2nd class Royal Mail.

I am being forced to send items a day earlier than I should have to so as to not get late defects on my account.  Also, I have had to close my shop/put my shop on holiday settings several times due to this.

I would like to know how can I/Ebay sort this matter out?  I have posted regarding the EDD issue months ago and nothing has changed - it has got worse.  I appreciate that you say about it being worked out by algorithms but even sending something 1st class is estimated 1-2 working days by Royal  Mail.

The only real option I see that I have is to post out as I should and receive lots of late defects and loose my top rated seller badge.

Hope you can help me with this matter.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

@securitysalesgroup wrote:

Hello,

I have had an issue with the account seller level for the past 2 months. I have contacted customer service regarding the issue but have not been provided a solution.

In December my account was put below standard so I contacted customer service as I did not know the reason why. They informed me that it would change on December 20th and go back to top seller but it did not change. I contacted customer support again and they said it would change on January 20th (The next review date). I was told by multiple members of the customer service team it would be top seller on the 20th of January. Unfortunately, it did not change and it remained below standard.

I contacted customer support again and they informed me that there was an error and that it should be top seller and that they would change it. Unfortunately, it still was not changed. I contacted customer support again last week and they informed me they would definitely change it. It’s been a week and still no change.

I hope you can help in some way as it has been a very difficult 2 months and customer service has not really been much help. I still have the chat logs which show what customer service has told me that I can provide.

Hi @securitysalesgroup ,

I'll need to take this offline due to the performance rating that you have advised of. I'll need to have this reviewed and I will follow up with you.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

@iconic-trends wrote:

hi 

the sellers cannot send the offers to the buyers on the watch list, specially the ones with the product variations, i have emailed ebay several times but not a reply.

At this moment where sales are down 95% , to be able to offer the buyers on the watch list would be a big turning point for us sellers,

Are you able to help resolve this issue in any way at all, as i have literally given up.

It seems to be very simple process, however to put this message through to the right person seems more impossible than ever.

pls advise.

many thanx

Hi @iconic-trends ,

This is not a feature that is in place at the moment. Offers cannot be sent on multi variation listings. Customer support have advised you of this as well. We will take your feedback for this to the relevant team for a future process improvement.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

@stuaradam-92 wrote:

I have just bough a postage label (Royal Mail) to send latest item Im selling  How will you know its arrived so I get paid please?

Hi @stuaradam-92 

If the item is tracked you can add the tracking to the order and once its delivered the system will update. If there's none, the buyer can leave feedback to say its received. If neither of these apply it can take up to 30 days depending on your account. 

You can find everything you need to know here.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Please can ebay inform buyers that sellers have lost control over their delivery estimates and it's now in the hands of ebay?

There's alot of p***ed off buyers and let down sellers over this EDD. The least ebay can do is take some ownership of this policy.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

@jantiquus wrote:

Hi, I have had an item returned to me as seller following posting to the Global shipping Centre in Lichfield, it was marked by Royal Mail as not called for on 2.2.23. The buyer is in Australia. What should I do?

Hi @jantiquus ,

Can you provide the item number for that sale so we can look into it further?

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi Kat,
Thank you, the item no. is 363540971524
A knitting pattern
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

@charmingdesignsdna wrote:

Sorry to bring this up again, but the EDD have got worse.  I have attached a screenshot of an order which I received a few minutes ago.  This shows dispatch by 9th February and EDD shown to buyer is 9th to 10 February.  My cut off time for same day dispatch is 10am Mon - Fri and I post by 2nd class Royal Mail.

I am being forced to send items a day earlier than I should have to so as to not get late defects on my account.  Also, I have had to close my shop/put my shop on holiday settings several times due to this.

I would like to know how can I/Ebay sort this matter out?  I have posted regarding the EDD issue months ago and nothing has changed - it has got worse.  I appreciate that you say about it being worked out by algorithms but even sending something 1st class is estimated 1-2 working days by Royal  Mail.

The only real option I see that I have is to post out as I should and receive lots of late defects and loose my top rated seller badge.

Hope you can help me with this matter.

Hi @charmingdesignsdna 

At the moment there are no plans to make any changes as to how the EDDs are calculated.  

I will as always send your feedback to the shipping team to be reviewed unfortunately there is no action we can take from this side.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

@jantiquus wrote:
Hi Kat,
Thank you, the item no. is 363540971524
A knitting pattern

Hi @jantiquus ,

Thank you . 

There doesn't seem to be domestic tracking information on the transaction to see it delivered to the global shipping hub. We can't take tracking information here so can you send the tracking  to me by private message and I will follow it up.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate that you can not do anything, but forwarding it does nothing.

If I was sceptical I could think that Ebay are doing this on purpose so that I will loose my top rated seller status - for which I have worked very hard for over many years.

When I call customer services in the past, they have always agreed that there is an issue with my account and yet still nothing happens.  I would appreciate if you could report this for me to the relevant department and hopefully they will look into my account further.

Many thanks

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

edd.jpg

This is for an item I have sold in the last hour. I have 5 day despatch and use other courier 3-5 days.

How can ebay possibly tell me to post by the 15th Feb, yet tell the buyer it will arrive between 13th Feb (2 days before I need to post it) and 16th (only 1 day after my lastest despatch time, on a service that takes 3-5 days).

It doesn't work - plain and simple. If you can't see that, and the shipping team can't see that ... well, there is just no hope, is there?

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi

I to have issues with the EDD, people that purchase on a Saturday are told they will get the item on a Monday, how is eBay getting thi sso wrong again

It is no use saying there is no plans to have it altered but eBay are making sellers look stupid again

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.