Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 06.03.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

Hi All,

I am still choosing to use the old and trusted Packlink Legacy Tool for postage. When this goes, will we still have an option to pay when invoiced? Is the new system still being run by Packlink?

Message 2 of 42
See Most Recent

Good Afternoon Team,

Had this question asked earlier.  Seller has a buyer who has purchased an item and wishes to pay in instalments.

Is this possible >  I thought not , now the item has been purchased, but then I'm not too au fait with PayPal Credit and do see some sellers do offer split payments accepted.

Is this possible now for this seller,  thank you.

Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hi All,

I am still choosing to use the old and trusted Packlink Legacy Tool for postage. When this goes, will we still have an option to pay when invoiced? Is the new system still being run by Packlink?

Hi cobwebcottage, thanks for your question.

We don't have any information on this as of yet, as soon as we have more information on this we will be communicating it to all our users.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 42
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Good afternoon,

What action should a seller take when they send an item via the Global Shipping Programme (who repack items) and it accidentally gets swopped with another, as in this question:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/GSP-shipping-error/m-p/7578182#M196386

The usual protocol here is that is the buyer opens an eBay not as described claim, then the seller ends up having to pay for and arrange to get the item back and make a full refund, or just make a full refund if they don't want the item.

However, it's the GSP who are in error here and should make the refund, the seller should not be losing out due to their error.

The only way the GSP will make a refund is if the buyer selects 'Arrived damaged' as the reason for the return, which obviously isn't appropriate here.

So, the million dollar question here is how does the seller proceed so that they don't lose out?

Message 5 of 42
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your hard work keeping things running.  Hopefully an easy one ...

Could someone confirm if the RM postage label format which is generated from the bulk sending is in the process of changing?

From time to time I get a mixture of formats (see pic).

bulk labels format shifting sometimes.jpg

I quite like the new format as it has slightly larger text but couldn't understand why I would get a mixture?

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 42
See Most Recent

Hello, I'm having problems trying to add anything to my basket from Books etc.  Everytime I try I get the message "An item you selected wasn't added to your basket because the seller won't sell to buyers that don't meet their requirements."

The only way I can buy from Books etc seems to be as a guest, and by not logging into my account. 

How can I resolve this please?   Thanks.   

Message 7 of 42
See Most Recent

Another on going issue marco@ebay 

I am still experiencing issues with postage policies. This has been going on for  months now. For example: If list an item with free postage and then list another with postage, it is defaulting to the free postage policy. It takes me 2 or 3 revisions before it will add the correct postage price.

Message 8 of 42
See Most Recent

katie@ebay 

Katie hi, as this is your last weekly chat with us all before you head off to pastures new, on behalf of  all of us mentors, mods, and more importantly the wider community that use these boards everyday we would like to say thank you. 

thank you for everything you have done to make this corner of eBay a great place to be, for all your support and help to us all for having to put up with our 'good moaning' sessions on a daily basis. And more! Without you over the past few years here this hub would not be what it is now. 

wishing you all the very best in your new adventures. 

my question is will you pop back and say hello from time to time?

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 9 of 42
See Most Recent

@*vyolla* wrote:

Good afternoon,

What action should a seller take when they send an item via the Global Shipping Programme (who repack items) and it accidentally gets swopped with another, as in this question:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/GSP-shipping-error/m-p/7578182#M196386

The usual protocol here is that is the buyer opens an eBay not as described claim, then the seller ends up having to pay for and arrange to get the item back and make a full refund, or just make a full refund if they don't want the item.

However, it's the GSP who are in error here and should make the refund, the seller should not be losing out due to their error.

The only way the GSP will make a refund is if the buyer selects 'Arrived damaged' as the reason for the return, which obviously isn't appropriate here.

So, the million dollar question here is how does the seller proceed so that they don't lose out?

Hi *vyolla*, thanks for your question.

In this scenario, the seller would need to contact customer support, so the case can be reviewed. Depending on the outcome of the review, we would take actions accordingly. You can do this online here, or you can contact customer support

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 10 of 42
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Good Afternoon Team,

Had this question asked earlier.  Seller has a buyer who has purchased an item and wishes to pay in instalments.

Is this possible >  I thought not , now the item has been purchased, but then I'm not too au fait with PayPal Credit and do see some sellers do offer split payments accepted.

Is this possible now for this seller,  thank you.

Hi @tressygirl

At the moment Paypal Credit is the only option for the UK. There are other options on some of the other sites. I'm not aware of any plans to offer these for the UK yet but it may be something that we can offer in the future. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 11 of 42
See Most Recent

Thank you ,  so as for this particular scenario, as  the buyer has already purchased the item,  and now wishes to pay in instalments,  I take it that this is not possible ?

Message 12 of 42
See Most Recent

@sifova-0 wrote:

Hello, I'm having problems trying to add anything to my basket from Books etc.  Everytime I try I get the message "An item you selected wasn't added to your basket because the seller won't sell to buyers that don't meet their requirements."

The only way I can buy from Books etc seems to be as a guest, and by not logging into my account. 

How can I resolve this please?   Thanks.   

Hi sifova-0, thanks for your question.

If you confirm the item number, I can look into it for you and see what's happening no problem.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 13 of 42
See Most Recent

@tommystrezures wrote:

katie@ebay 

Katie hi, as this is your last weekly chat with us all before you head off to pastures new, on behalf of  all of us mentors, mods, and more importantly the wider community that use these boards everyday we would like to say thank you. 

thank you for everything you have done to make this corner of eBay a great place to be, for all your support and help to us all for having to put up with our 'good moaning' sessions on a daily basis. And more! Without you over the past few years here this hub would not be what it is now. 

wishing you all the very best in your new adventures. 

my question is will you pop back and say hello from time to time?

Hi @tommystrezures,

Thank you so much for your kind message and well wishes. 

I won't be able to access this account of course, but I will be sure to keep in touch with the community team and keep up to date with what's happening here.

Really appreciate everything over the last 4 years.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 14 of 42
See Most Recent

@ccla3379 wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your hard work keeping things running.  Hopefully an easy one ...

Could someone confirm if the RM postage label format which is generated from the bulk sending is in the process of changing?

From time to time I get a mixture of formats (see pic).

bulk labels format shifting sometimes.jpg

I quite like the new format as it has slightly larger text but couldn't understand why I would get a mixture?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ccla3379,

Ive seen a couple of posts on this and Ive asked the shipping team about it. I'm just waiting to hear back. I'll let you know as soon as I have a definite answer.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 15 of 42
See Most Recent

Hi @tressygirl 

Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible if the payment was already processed. If it hasn't been paid the buyer might be able to use PayPal Credit if its available to them. They could reach out to PayPal to confirm. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 16 of 42
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

One last question - this morning postage label generation wasn't working (pic below) and I just wanted to know if there was somewhere I can check for known problems?

In the past I have looked at the eBay Systems Status page (https://www.ebay.co.uk/sts) but it seems moribund and I can't really remember a time when it showed anything but green ticks.

I look at the Technical Issues discussion area on the Community pages but these tend to be folk having their own 'technical issues' rather than things which eBay put there for our information.

I look at the clickanddrop statuspage.io page for RM which also shows known problems with integrations 'from the other end of the pipe' so to speak .. but often without any anything visible.

Is there an area I'm missing?

Thanks in advance  and keep up the great work.

problem.jpg

Message 17 of 42
See Most Recent

Hello, 

I've consistently been having issues with My Summary page - Firstly when loading the items I'm bidding on do not show up. Tried looking in 'Bids & Offers' which apparently shows I'm bidding on nothing, have sent / received no offers & have never 'Didn't Win' anything all of which is untrue. I can reload & reload My Summary page & after sometime the items I'm bidding on suddenly appears. 

Is this an ongoing / known problem?

Message 18 of 42
See Most Recent

Another update that was not needed. 

It used to be when a buyer bought multiple items, I could put the total amount for the partial refund for postage in one box and it would split it across all the items bought. Now this option has been taken away, can it be changed back as made things quicker and easier? 

Yet things like being able to put one tracking number in for a multiple orders function is still not there, as need to input into each item. Yet other platforms make it easy with one tracking number for multiple orders in one box. 

Message 19 of 42
See Most Recent

Excellent that's the answer I previously gave them,   but told them I'd check here with you,  I'm not too familiar with PP credit.

Off to confirm the answer  in their PM.

Thanks again, Dave.

Message 20 of 42
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.