not as described

I am trying to raise a return as item not as described, i  purchased boots described as size 5 only to receive size 4 when i fill in details and photo it still says the seller does not accept returns. help please

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

not as described

You have received an item not as described,  the seller cannot refuse a case opened for this reason,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Even if the seller has stated "No Returns Accepted" in his/her listing, there is no way that he/she would be able to enforce this if the item is not as described.  Go to your Orders page, locate the item in question and then click on the More Actions option to the right of the screen.  Click on the Return This Item option that appears on the drop-down menu, stating that the item is not as described.  The seller will then have to issue you with a prepaid postage label so that you can return the item for a refund.

Once you have received the eBay returns label print it off, attach it to the parcel and post the item back to the seller.  You should then be able to get your money back, even if the seller refuses delivery of the item, as attempted delivery is just as effective as proof of a successful return when returning items to the seller for a refund of the money paid for the item.

In the event that the seller proves to be uncooperative escalate the case to eBay four days after opening the case.  eBay will then step in and force the refund, regardless of whether or not the seller agrees with eBay's decision to issue you with a full refund for the item.

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Thanks for your help.  From the more action drop down it does not say return this item.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Two things.

Which device are you using?  If the app or mobile browser,  switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay. Try from there.  I'm on a laptop with Chrome just had a look at my last 2 recent purchases,  Return this Item,  is there.

Secondly,  today is eBay's maintenance day , eBay run site updates, so some features / options may not be available from time to time,  it may just be a case of trying a little later on. 

From your Purchase History far right from Morr Actions drop down menu you should then see ' Return this Item'.

@volly05 

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

You have 30 days from item  delivery date to open a suitable eBay 'Not as described'  Return (wrong size sent) case ... Seller is required to accept returns and respond through the case (or eBay will) to assist in supplying a prepaid return label ... escalate case to eBay 4 days later and follow instructions carefully to case completion for a full refund... see case options here >>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-bfaultyuyers

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Hi i'm on a lap top using chrome , i'll get my hubby to look at it not sure why the drop down is different... thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

HI sorry to be a pain... but i have just realised on all my other purchases on the more options drop down there is an option to return the item but not on the boots i wish to return any idea why?

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Is the item actually showing in your Purchase History it won't be there at all if you bought as a Guest Purchase.

It's most odd if it's there and with no Return item in More Actions, as Boots / footwear is certainly covered, by eBay's 30 day MBG.

However, as said, it is eBay's maintencance day,  and  strange things do occur, with options and features not being available from time to time.

Leave it a few hours see if it shows that Return item later on this evening.

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

yes item is showwing  not bought as guest, purchased as usual paid with paypal, as i said initially  even through the returns section it said seller does not accept returns when i tried to send....i'll check again later like you say...thank you

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

If by tomorrow that option is still not there,   then contact eBay Customer Services to open a case for item not as described for you.

I would recommend contacting very first thing,  when the lines first open which is a little later tomorrow being a Saturday,   at 9 a.m.  there's more chance of Dublin answering.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@volly05 

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Try this help page.

You should be able to start a return from it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041#:~:text=You%20can%20al... 

Make sure you pick a reason like "doesn't match discription or photos" or "received wrong item".

If the item didn't have tracking showing delivery you will have to wait until the last estimated date has passed before you can open a return.

Also if you tried to open the return and picked a reason like "doesn't fit" it would be classed as a change of mind return and your seller could refuse it.

If that's what happened you could open a case in PayPals resolution centre but you would have to pay return postage.

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

I am grateful for the information, i think the missing link to return item in the more action dropdown may be due to the seller not marking the boot as being despatched.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

I think you opened a case for does not fit or wrong size.  They count as change of mind returns and a private seller can refuse them.

Once you have opened one type of return you can't open another.  You could try contacting eBay CS, explain that your item is not as described, and maybe they will open the right sort of case for you.

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Aah  yes,  that would cause an issue you may need to contact Customer Services then to open this case for you, if the option does not appear.

Their lines are currently closed,  but will reopen today a little later being a weekend,  at 9 a.m.

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

yes will contact customer service..Thank you

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

Just to say thank you so much for  all the usefull information, i have just followed your link and spoke with customer service who gave me an instant refund , brilliant, ive been a member 18 years and first time using the service Well impressed!..Thanks again

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

not as described

That is good to hear,  now the refund will go back to original payment source so don't expect it to be instant.

If you paid with PayPal it goes back to your PayPal account fairly swiftly.

Paying with a debit / bank card?  Can take up to 12 days to appear back in your bank account.

Credit card payment?  This takes the longest,  up to 30 days to appear back in the card account used.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: