Seller has too long to respond to request

Hello.

To give a little background, I am new to eBay and have only purchased a few items off here. I bought an item on here that I could have got from elsewhere, but chose to have it off eBay as the delivery speed was much quicker than other storefronts. Unfortunately, my seller has not shipped the product and the delivery date has already gone past. I sent a request for a refund using the "item has not arrived" thing, and it said the seller has 3 days to respond.

I am appalled that eBay has taken my money for this item a week ago, and now I have to wait until the 25th, so 6 full days for the seller to reply before eBay intervenes. Is there anything I can do about this?

The seller has not responded to my message about giving me the tracking number as he claims he shipped it 2 days ago, however this was after ignoring my first messages and saying he forgot to send it a few days ago. I think the seller's lying, and I honestly just want my money back so I can afford to buy the product on another site. How do I go about getting my money back as soon as possible? Why is it letting them reply until the 25th if they have 3 days to do so? Surely if it's 3 business days it'll be by at the latest the 23rd.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

There is nothing you can do apart from ask ebay to "step in" after 4 working days if seller hasn't sorted by then or item hasn't arrived.If item arrives 1 day after the latest estimated delivery date you can request a return for a full refund as "not as described" ,seller has to supply a prepaid returns label at their cost and refund you in full upon return.If seller states "no returns" it means zilch for not as described requests.

Please read up on Ebay's MBG ,top right on MOST listings but NOT on ALL.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Post office dont consider it lost until 10 days pass.

Sadly post is out of sellers control once it is posted.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

`Unfortunately, my seller has not shipped the product`

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Can I leave feedback on the seller while my item hasn't arrived case is open? Will it cancel the case? I know once the case is closed, it cannot be opened again, and I want to put pressure on the seller to respond.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@erire_15 wrote:

Can I leave feedback on the seller while my item hasn't arrived case is open? Will it cancel the case? I know once the case is closed, it cannot be opened again, and I want to put pressure on the seller to respond.

You can leave feedback... negative I presume. That's not going to speed things up.

Just let the case tun it's course.

If you are determined to leave feedback you have 60 days to do so.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: