No Click & Collect option when offers are accepted then autopaid

Hi all, when making an offer on an item that has the Click & Collect option, you get the warning window that if the offer is accepted, your default payment method is used to autopay for the said item, however, it will only show you your primary address to send to but NO OPTION to choose the click and collect address from that windows.

I bought an item that way and it's being delivered signed for to my primary address as it was autopaid when the seller accepted. Although I can arrange for someone to be there or be there myself when I planned to be somewhere else, I didn't plan for it to be delivered this way.

I hope someone from the ebay coding and design team can fix this ASAP, it's likely to cause lots of problems if someone only buys an item on the assumption that they can use the optional Click & Collect delivery for convenience but then that ends up delivered to their primary address instead. Imagine if I had fallen out with my Partner/Wife/Husband...and they have a grudge and I had just moved out...

I suppose I could've tried to change the primary address although I'm not sure if I can put the click & collect as a secondary address as the collection code needs to be auto inserted by ebay when I choose it...

Any feedback or suggestions welcome

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @duskytech, thanks for your post.

The option to select Click & collect currently is not available through the Best Offer. However, it is something that we are working on adding soon. In addition, team is looking to add GSP and Combined shipping feature, as well as additional payment methods such as Apple Pay/Google Pay. Please keep an eye for these updates in the near future.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

There have been a lot of complaints about this.  Unfortunately, nobody from Ebay with the power to fix this issue will read the forum.

Sellers can opt out of requiring instant payment for an offer.

Maybe a fix for you would be to create an email to send to sellers saying you would like to make an offer but want to use click and collect so could they opt out of requiring immediate payment.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi @duskytech, thanks for your post.

The option to select Click & collect currently is not available through the Best Offer. However, it is something that we are working on adding soon. In addition, team is looking to add GSP and Combined shipping feature, as well as additional payment methods such as Apple Pay/Google Pay. Please keep an eye for these updates in the near future.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Nice to know, thanks for the heads up regarding the upcoming improvements and new features.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

This is also causing me problems and stopping me bidding on items. If a seller includes the make an offer option they are obvioulsy prepared to take slightly less than the buy it now price. 

I have no option on larger items other than click and collect. Been a Yorkshireman I'm not prepared to pay the buy it now price when the seller includes the make offer option so am not bidding items I would have probably bought under the old system.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

his has been over a year now I belive - how come this hasn't been fixed - it really is a pain and is not a feature its someone not doing UAT to find out how it impact actual buyers and sellers.  Is there any ETA on when it may be fixed?

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

My offer was accepted for cash on collection BUT ebay have charged it to my card !

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND SHOULD NOT HAPPEN... SHAME ON YOU.!!

NOW... I will trade on AliExpress & Gumtree.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: