Messages ignored by sellers

One thing that really is getting worse is seller communication, not responding to messages and basically treating buyers as a nuisance!

I find this very odd and now will not buy from someone who can't be bothered to respond or interact even if I want the item.

I have messaged a few sellers numerous times and no reply, rude, unprofessional and disrespectful.

Your thoughts please!

Message 1 of 115
See Most Recent
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Messages ignored by sellers

Well that's two more listings deleted from the watch list. One seller who said he'd give me a measurement on a jacket later after telling me it was in the listing when it wasn't then didn't bother. A second clown who seems to think that you can work out the dimensions of a silver bracelet by its weight (well I suppose it is vintage and so the chances of anyone wanting to wear it are slim, maybe they'd prefer to sit and look at it!). There are some sellers that I think just don't want to actually sell things. The bracelet I was only one of two watchers, now he only has one.

Message 101 of 115
See Most Recent

Yep totally agree I know you don't have to be staring at your screen all the time but a simple answer to a question would make me think ok I won't buy it then rather than bidding and winning only to be left with something that inthr end is no good. Example someone is selling a bike I'm interested in but has no charger will I end up winning and then can't afford to buy the charger because it's to expensive also I made a reasonable offer and both ignored 🤷‍♀️

Message 102 of 115
See Most Recent

I said I'm NOT going to keep messaging them every 5 minutes! I messaged once , then 3 days later still no response so let EBay step in. 

Message 103 of 115
See Most Recent

I would try not to take such answers personally. You'll find many people who answer on here just waiting to get their gripe in about "why are you not a business account like I have had to be"

As most suggests ignore them and move on they will just move onto the next private seller who asks a question.

Message 104 of 115
See Most Recent

Sorry but I don't agree with that. There is no excuse for not responding to a potential buyer and it should be made an eBay rule to make some sort of response to a message.

Message 105 of 115
See Most Recent

Not every seller has all day to respond to messages.

Quite a few dont even get time to fill out listings properly.

I had one seller recently so busy it took 4 days to despatch the item.

Not surpising he had about 80 negs !

Message 106 of 115
See Most Recent

Don't have time to reply to questions or even fill out a listing properly? In that case I would suggest they stop trying to sell on eBay. The whole point is to try and sell effectively to buyers to make money.

However all of this is besides the point as I don't buy from that type of seller. When I buy I pay immediately and I expect to buy from someone with a degree of professionalism. The seller that gets my custom is the one who can make time to answer pertinent questions and post on time.

Message 107 of 115
See Most Recent

I agree, I reply to ALL questions,  although some people do ask strange ones!I have had one person saying would the item fit them ( I can't see them so have no idea!) So I politely said " check out all measurements provided  then got a reply  they didn't have a tape measure  so had to reply in that case I couldn't say for sure thenI put a top on size 20 measurements included  o got asked by a lady if it would fit her she was a size 24!, so I replied  I wouldn't have thought so!So you do get really odd questions !I answer them as politey as I can   !!Bit annoying when I put measurements on all my ads and someone messages because they haven't looked at the photos despite the description saying see all photos, so I just point them in the right direction doesn't kill me to do so,!!!Sent from my Galaxy
Message 108 of 115
See Most Recent

You can print out a ruler or tape measure for free online (how flexible depends on the paper thickness you print it out on). I've found it a handy facility! Just make sure you print as "actual size" 🙂

Next time a buyer says they don't have a tape measure, suggest they google "free printable ruler" or "free printable tape measure" - quite a few websites to choose from.

Message 109 of 115
See Most Recent

I bought a car part off a registered busness and was supposed to be delivered within 2 days, which was OK as car off road, it's been 5 days but need to wait another day to raise a case, I've even messaged them a few times but absolutely no response, they won't even tell me the tracking number, I'm glad it's not an expensive part, only got it from Ebay as was a bit cheaper than my local car parts place, now I'm left with the dilemma of waiting to be refunded and getting same part from another ebayer or to just bite the bullet and pay more at my local car spares as I need it back on road, honestly this really puts me off ebay,, and I won't even go in and mention selling stuff  and someone wins the auction then more or less straight away decides they want to cancel the transaction, it's getting beyond a joke now. 

Message 110 of 115
See Most Recent

wait why only male friends

Message 111 of 115
See Most Recent

Well thats a wonderfully helpful answer! My word!

Message 112 of 115
See Most Recent

I agree with you. There is a general lack of courtesy. Especially when you have usually parted with hard earned money. Its a bit like asking a question to this lot. Some of the responses are a joke and as unhelpful as an extremely unhelpful thing! All the best!

Message 113 of 115
See Most Recent

No, you are wrong. It is not an over reaction. It is rude. It is a market place and in any market places that are successful, communication is everything, between seller and buyer. Your attitude is wrong and only serves to encourage BS comms and a slack way of conducting business. Ive noticed a distinct lacl of courtesy and its not great!

Message 114 of 115
See Most Recent

You are absolutely right. Its poor behaviour and not in the spirit of a market place!

Message 115 of 115
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: