Seller wants payment via bank transfer.

Bought an item on ebay, and paid it with Paypal via the bidding system. The seller messaged me saying he wants it via bank transfer now as Paypal put a hold on the item for 21 days until proof of postage was seen.

What am I best off doing in this situation?

I have only ever paid with Paypal so being cautious.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if you pay by bank transfer you have absolutely no buyer protection.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

You only ever pay by bank transfer if you view and collect the item in person..otherwise you risk not receiving the item..ask the seller to cancel the sale if he is not prepared to wait for the funds to clear in paypal..he is obviously not a regular seller if the funds are on hold for 21 days

Any seller who cannot wait 21 days should be avoided. Money is released shortly after proof of delivery. If seller thinks it is released after POSTING he is wrong, but if that was true, what is his problem. 

Make him refund he will still pay paypal fee and if he refunds incorrectly Ebay Fees as well. pen a not received case as soon as delivery date has passed, he has 3 days to refund, if not you escalate to ebay.

Remember to leave NEGATIVE feedback saying "Seller would not honour the sale".

Bank Transfers are not reversable, it is the same as giving money away and should only be used for paying for vehicles AFTER you have seen and inspected it or to people you trust.

@gazstroud