how to contact ebay to enforce a warranty advertised by a seller

I bought a kitchen tap in September 2020, from a seller 'posting from London', but obviously China based. Initially the tap was fine, but it developed a fault that could not be repaired by a plumber visit (it just spins on it's mounting as it has broken form the central spindle)

Contacting the seller is exasperating - they ask loads of questions, on which I have answered all, even sending photos, but it takes 24 hours for each response with the time difference! It is advertised with a 5 year warranty, even though it's now only months old.

Have I just thrown £50 down the drain or is there a way to get Ebay to intervene? (all links to PayPal and Ebay have now disapperead from the purchase listing)

View Entire Topic

Originally it was fine.

Then it broke.

The seller ignores me.

Any enforcement of any warranty is between a buyer and a seller..eBay don't get involved with warranties of any description.

You can lodge a claim with PayPal but again they may not get involved with a warranty claim for a itém which worked when purchased.

Had you bought this from B&Q you could have turned off the water, taken off the tap and nipped down to the store for a replacement.

You have to consider the inconvenience now if the seller says send it back..You will have to pay for the return and wait for a replacement.