regulatory operating fee

Hi Just an update I just got an email from Ebay conserning a Regulatory Operating Fee does this mean that the fees are increasing again just wondering I tried to understand the message to no availe left me a wee bit confused. and has anyone else had the same message

Kind regards

Robert

Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

regulatory operating fee

More cost & pain to business and an excuse to gain more revenue - a disgrace

Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

papso22
Experienced Mentor

regulatory operating fee

At least it also applies to private sellers.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Leave ebay selling platform as other users have in their droves. Another nail in Ebays coffin.

Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

The update hasn't been sent to private accounts yet.

In fact, there is a drop down showing 'viewing as a business seller' and a statement that all the reviews may not apply to private sellers.

Can't imagine eBay passing on the opportunity though.

Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Already a thread on this.

Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

@vinyl-sounds-good wrote:

More cost & pain to business and an excuse to gain more revenue - a disgrace

Agree, their greed has no bounds...instead of reducing fees of all to be able to compete with other more successful marketplaces & persuade sellers to stay/attract new sellers, they increase theirs fees ?

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 13.39.53.png

Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

I'm beggining to wonder what the point of ebay is? I thought it was to advertise our products, but now we have to pay to do that...so why not have a website with 2.5% card fees and pay Google a tiny amount (compared to ebay) to advertise in the same places?

It's not like anyone actually browses ebay anyway...there's so many international sellers on it that I couldn't even find a UK seller to buy from last time I looked and gave up.

And now another new fee on top...

I REALLY am questioning why I sell on ebay.

Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

it's a joke what the hell has postage costs got to do with regulatory operating fee they are already charging costs for postage on there commission for the sale p**ss me off getting out of this rathole

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

@magpiecorner1 wrote:

The update hasn't been sent to private accounts yet.

In fact, there is a drop down showing 'viewing as a business seller' and a statement that all the reviews may not apply to private sellers.

Can't imagine eBay passing on the opportunity though.

But if you change that drop down to 'view as a private seller' this new fee is there, so yes, it does apply to private sellers (quite rightly - and I say that as a private seller!)

Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

If eBay stopped giving private sellers discounted fees , 70% and 80% discounted FVF's  also this new 'No  Fees@ until April for private sellers, and clamped down on buisnesses that are using Private selling accounts, they wouldn'y need to introduce this 'New' fee

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Yes, it's a fee grab. It is what happens when a company thinks the only way to make more money is charge their existing customers more. 

Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

In the current climate to increase fees is a crazy decision, needs a rethink.

Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

@frontiermountman wrote:

If eBay stopped giving private sellers discounted fees , 70% and 80% discounted FVF's  also this new 'No  Fees@ until April for private sellers, and clamped down on buisnesses that are using Private selling accounts, they wouldn'y need to introduce this 'New' fee

Of course they would - it still means more money for them.

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Another way to take from small business...again. Whats next, annual membership fee? fees for climate change? Fees for worldwide wars? They'll find more ways, don't doubt it.

I closed my shop and reduced my listings to less than 20 now and ive only kept them on here for the loyal repeat customers who asked. Other than that, I now sell elsewhere for less fees. GREED GREED GREED as always from eBay.  Keep looking people, there's lots of choices of fair priced platforms now.

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Lets face it this is on a par with paying fees on postage. 

Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

Not on mine!

But a notification has just come through on the private account.  

Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

It has been sent to private sellers now.

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

regulatory operating fee

It has now, I just got it.

Not sure why any of the selling regulations in the EU or the UK would justify such an increase, it's like  mobile networks saying you'll pay more every year because of RPI but then they also add another 3.5% for what exactly?

It's high time people just left ebay and started running local jumble sales again in churches or community halls, donate 10% (if you sell over a certain amount say) of the money to the venue and it's good will all around, you may even end up just trading with people.

Gumtree is infested with scammers (owned by who else, ebay) and facebook marketplace is the same but worse.

Same with mobile networks, it cheaper to buy a handset outright and get a rolling month to month sim, I use Smarty mobile (no affiliation) and get 150gb a month for £20, unlimited calles/texts included.

We need to start fighting back against this blatant extortion.

Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent