Wow proper switched off today

Anyone else had zero orders from midday onwards. Just had to go and check if our account had been deactivated. Never known anything so dead in 21 years of selling on here. Any issues at eBay quarters?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Pretty dead for me too.

Middle of the month, return to school/work for many after probably few quid spent over a very wet Easter break.
Another Bank Holiday on the horizon too.

Jo

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Something did happen yesterday morning, we went around 10 hours without making a sale on a day where we were part of 2 different Ebay coupon promotions which had seen a huge increase in sales for the previous days.

Then we had a couple of sales in quick succession as well as 3 messages (the only messaged received all day asking questions) received within 20 minutes of each other, nothing to do with any UK based holiday as my customers are global.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Thats how we knew something was wrong. Several hours without a single order just doesnt happen for our store. Must be some tech issues somewhere

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Friday to Sunday were dire. Like a switch was flicked or something.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Ebay is totally broken. No sellers shops showing up for me.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Several points here that could be related to the lack of sales, I do not believe anyone has been "switched off" but there are a number of issues...

I am not getting desktop notifications through at all at the top right.

I am also not getting any notifications through on mobile UNTIL I load the Ebay app itself. This is ALL notifcations. I was bidding on a few items I had forgotten about and did not get any notification that I had been outbid, that they were ending or that they had gone until I saw my emails...

I've also been sending out offers on older stock and have had zero response to them which is genuinely unheard of. I don't believe people are getting the notification of an offer until they open Ebay - for some that is only when they want to buy something every few weeks.

I've also sent offers to many sellers and not had any response at all, no decline or acceptance when some offers I've sent have been very good.

Have also seen loads of auctions end dead, bargain cheap where someone has had a steal - probably again related to no notifications?

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Same here we are very quiet where other channels are selling steadly.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I posted this in my bugs bugs bugs thread but in case anyone misses it:

"The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days"

Message comes up randomly when trying to buy items from other sellers. 

My buyers are also getting this too, it completely prevents them from buying any of my items at all.

Coincidentally this started happening when sales took a nosedive for a lot of sellers a few days ago.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: