Sales dropped from around £3500 a month to £800

Hi everybody

Just saying my Sales dropped from around £3500 a month to £800 over the past few months.  Getting to send out offers is nearly zero a day .  I am promoting my Items no luck with that no matter how high i set my percentage I know there is a cost of living crisis.  But if I could do carboots every day which I had to start doing one a week it would be around £945 a week people are still spending money I find there.  Has anybody figured out what is happening on Ebay.  I keep looking and researching,  phoning Ebay to no availe

Best regards

Robert

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

There is a technical fault at eBay's end with promoted listings(of course there's lots of denying it) however the stats and sales speak for themselves. Lots of sellers are being affected. It takes all the patience in the world when you get in touch with eBay CS but you need ask for you shop to be added to the open ticket so that you are on the list. I believe if you quote this ticket ref the CS advisor will know what to do 1 -465486699771. Hope your sales return soon 

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Thank you appreciated will give that a go tomorow

Best regards

Robert

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

@mermaidandthefarmer wrote:

I believe if you quote this ticket ref the CS advisor will know what to do 1 -465486699771. 

Do you actually have to do this as dave@ebay states he will return to the main thread discussing this with an update  when he has one.  Surely if there is a ticket number associated with the issue that means the issue has been acknowledged even though no report of this on the 'other thread.'

So do you think contacting CS with this ticket number (where did you find out the ticket number please) will get this issue addressed or are they going to do a blanket fix?  Many thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Yes looking at my promoted stats they have plummeted through the floor so there is clearly an issue. We are down about 30% on last year already. Bad times ahead. At least our other selling platforms are booming 🙂

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Well another day no sales,  sent 4 offers  no questions from buyers Dire

Best regards

Robert

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

There is way too much utter rubbish being listed on eBay, clogging it up.

In my line I saw someone trying to sell a coin yesterday that is worth it's face value of £5.

Their price - £150 🙄

It's junk like that clogging up the system with eBay's offers of  'Free Listings' or 'Reduced FVF' to private sellers, who then mash out utter junk with these listings.

We don't get anything, of course, unless you crawl over broken glass and jump through 1,000 hoops.

Just lately it really feels like it's us business sellers who are keeping eBay afloat, and all they seem to be feeding us with is scraps. It's certainly like that for me.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

You having a bad day there? 

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

I asked the eBay rep for the ticket number so I could follow up and they gave me this number I have quoted and my personal reference number. At this point it's about covering all basis as eBay's party line changes every two minutes as to if there's an issue or not. I would love if Dave is going to reply with some useful and helpful info regarding this issue, unfortunately I don't have much faith in this happening given my previous experience of poor communication from EBay CS 

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

My promoted impressions are down 50%! So clearly eBay must be losing millions in promoted advertising fees!

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Only one sale for me. Coincidence it dropped after eBay phoned me asking if I wanted to use any of their tools. Thursday was busy for me 19 items sold.

sold more on another application funny that 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Something Strange has happened we were making nice sales then suddenly from Wednesday onwards hardly any sales and this weekend has been the worse on record.

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

In the last 4 days my total sales have been within £16 from the lowest to the highest, looks like i have a cap! 

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

It's amazing on here that if you have a good day, the next is absolutely pants............can that always be a coincidence........

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

That's pushing it - (if you have a good day, the next is absolutely pants) more like a week!!!

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Totally agree.

It now seems you have more chance of winning Euromillions Lottery then making any steady sales/money on eBay !

...and when you do make a sale for £41.00 then eBay take £6 pounds which is OTT for such a low money I got (£30 for item and £11 postage as it's heavy) so basically I only got £24 for a £30 item - Terrible.

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Now dropped to less than £400 a month my rent is £463.50 a month.  Come on Ebay sort it

Kind regards

Robert

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: