Sales Downfall in March 2024

I wonder if anyone else noticed a sudden downfall in sales.

Sales are non existent in March however January and February were reasonabley good months.

Please share your thoughts!

Message 1 of 112
See Most Recent
111 REPLIES 111

Yes. I've noticed this. It's hard not to when I've sold so little compared to December to February  in fact this months sales are the lowest I've had for years   I hope it improves soon 

Message 2 of 112
See Most Recent

Do you think its related to some changes from ebay that we are not aware of or something we are missing? @

Message 3 of 112
See Most Recent

Jan and Feb were similar to last year but remember that during the same period last year we were dealing with the Royal Mail strikes.  Sales should've therefore been much improved this year for Jan and Feb.

For March, sales here are down over 33% on last year. 

Message 4 of 112
See Most Recent

I wish I had the answer. My sales are not improving. My fees are showing at 40% at the moment   Take off the cost of the item and my profit margin is almost non existent. I can't keep selling at this rate for much longer it's not worth my while 

Message 5 of 112
See Most Recent

Feb was very good and until March 15 it was all good.

since then though it has slowed down for me.

just the ebb and flow of ebay trade

Message 6 of 112
See Most Recent

We did relatively well in January and February and the first 2 weeks of March were not bad. This past week was a disaster though. Our sales also took a nose dive from March 15 and I can`t explain why.  Our best selling listings maintain their ranking as before in Ebay search and on top of that we listed a few hunded new items. There may be a general decline in Ebay site traffic.       

Message 7 of 112
See Most Recent

February was an improvement. March started reasonably well but from the 10th has dried up.

Message 8 of 112
See Most Recent

Up to March 15th sales were really good then it nose dived 

Message 9 of 112
See Most Recent

Totally agree sales have nosedived or even stopped. I have sold two items this month and I have over 300 items listed so percentage wise this is abysmal. This is the lowest monthly sales record since I started doing ebay.

Message 10 of 112
See Most Recent

I've been selling on here for over 20 years and this is the worst it's been. I think eBay is dying as a platform and simply doesn't get nowhere near the traffic it used to. Mind you our Etsy shop is dead too 

Message 11 of 112
See Most Recent

I really don't believe that Ebay is dying.  It is just a bad time in general for all.

The whole country is struggling at the moment, which is obviously going to be affecting your sales!

People simply don't have the money to pay their bills, let alone buy extra things.

So many companies have gone bust, or have you not noticed this?

Message 12 of 112
See Most Recent

Hi

Yes se now every day les and less view from people when put new active list. 😞 Almost every week talking with costumer service to ask why not have sales like before have almost every day £150 netto, but now not even reach £ 100 brutto/per day  :(. Always same answer because maybe other people selling same or just people not want my item. But the last 3 years I am selling the same items, Not changed a lot. Last time they said March will be very busy but not really see this. 😞 I almost put every day 15-20 new items to be active the account, But sales dropped a lot. Yes February was good, but March is bad like last year started updates from March, after selling less and less. 😞 And from April they already sent email will have some changes again. Now my selling dropped because maybe remember 4 sdays ago did not worked 3 days the shop category and after started this. They put back shop category again but less sales and not lot views the new items. But almost everyday days have 400-500 person who check my account, because Account Traffic shows this amount views, so its strange. I hope we will get back normal sales soon

Message 13 of 112
See Most Recent

In 20 years of selling on here what I've noticed is the ever increasing glitches and bad search functionality hence this discourages buyers to purchase because they simply cannot find what they are looking for 

Message 14 of 112
See Most Recent

Also you could reply in not such a patronising manner. Of course I've noticed companies going bust and how the country is struggling economically and politically however there is still a lot of people out there with money but the divide has just got bigger unfortunately 

Message 15 of 112
See Most Recent

Some places are closing and people are struggling but people are still spending, you'd think a site like eBay would be one of the better places when people are struggling and dont want to pay the prices for things in shops as it normally is cheaper. The issue is eBay as a whole has stood still or gone backwards, the site is worse than its ever been, they have cut it to the bone regarding good staff members and seem to rely on AI or very poorly skilled tech to write the code. The they are chasing private sellers which are not bringing in as much money as business accounts so businesses are either closing accounts and leaving to other sites or opening up private accounts to gt the benefits.

There are many issues with the site but it seems eBay dont care as they think its working as planned or they will create something new instead of fixing whats broken, its like people are just looking busy instead of admitting to mistakes.

Message 16 of 112
See Most Recent

It has picked up at the weekend. Not massively so but sort of back to average.

Message 17 of 112
See Most Recent

I agree.  It'll be interesting to see if the fiddling around begins again tomorrow.

Message 18 of 112
See Most Recent

It was not meant as patronising.  It's just that so many people complain about reducing sales over a period, where the entire country is struggling.  Why blame it on Ebay?

There may well be issues with Ebay as well, but a downturn countrywide, will equate to a downturn on ebay.

How much that actually effects you, will very much depend on what you are selling.

I've actually grown month on month since I started selling clothing.  Though I've been trading for a significantly longer period than that.

But if your selling something that people view as unecessary, your sales are going to suffer much more so than others.  

Message 19 of 112
See Most Recent

I've been watching to see if I can spot anything amiss. The only thing I have noticed is external views have taken a nose dive and that is since the 15th. I'm now 40% down on the previous period. I've had next to nothing in external views since the 15th.

Message 20 of 112
See Most Recent