Sales Downfall in March 2024

I wonder if anyone else noticed a sudden downfall in sales.

Sales are non existent in March however January and February were reasonabley good months.

Please share your thoughts!

Message 1 of 162
See Most Recent
161 REPLIES 161

The fees are to expensive and they quote postal charges that are too low.

The buyer pays the requested amount including the low postage then when you go to post the charge is much higher meaning you get much less from the sale.

Ebay takes a commission on both the sale price AND the postage. So the seller losses a fee on the selling price, the post quoted then a further loss because we have to pay extra to post the item because the quoted price was too low.
Sent from my iPhone
Message 161 of 162
See Most Recent

Totally agree with the comments about postage.

So post office charge £3.69 for a small parcel. To this I have to wrap/box the item including protective packaging, tape, a box, labels, drive to the post office and finally add the surcharge that ebay charge on the postage cost. In simple terms the postage charge to the buyer for a small parcel needs to be around £6.80!!!! I charge £4.29 for a small parcel. Anymore and I get accused of excessive postage charges.

On top of this we have to deal with a few, and to be fair it is only a few, crazy buyers. Three weeks ago a buyer opened a case against me as he had not received his item. He opened the case three hours after I sent him the item which he bought that morning!!!

Myself and my good lady have been keen Ebayers for over 20 years but we are now finding that it is less stressful to take our bits and bobs to a car boot on a Sunday.

Best wishes to all.
Message 162 of 162
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: