Royal Mail overcharged invoice

so we recently added Tracked services 48 & 24 to our OBA having been convinced of their merits by a Royal Mail sales person. 

a few weeks in and yesterday we nearly fell through the floor when they invoiced us for an eye watering amount more than ten times what it should have been for a weeks mail . We are talking over 10K when it should be under 1.  Looking at the invoice it is just pure fantasy , where the manifest says they picked up 24 parcels they have charged for over 400 , and this repeated on the same sort of scale for several days.

24 hours on no one from Royal Mail has been in contact after I lodged a complaint.   You can't get to speak to anyone in their finance department , its utterly shambolic!

I notice the daily manifests are generated by Horizon - this is on the same scale level of incompitence as the post office scandal

Anyone else had any issues? I would make sure you check your invoices match your collections

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Some years back, when I had a business account I used RM OBA. All was good for years. Then out of the blue an overcharge, but I thought it was just a blip, so paid up. This was followed up by about 5 more overweight charges (all wrong), then finally a charge because I had 'underdeclared the amount of parcels sent', again not true.

I did take it up with them, they had absolutely no proof, but I just had to accept their word. At that point I closed the account, switched all parcels to Hermes as was, and bought stamps for my Large Letters. I have used them as little as possible since. So they may have falsely got a few extra pounds from me, but they lost an awful lot of revenue as a result.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Have you made a generic complaint or done the contact finance form?

Its a bit labourious and you'll need to upload all the info they'll already have like downloading a spreadsheet of your manifests/ orders volume for an invoice period and then the invoice and show the discrepancy.

https://www.royalmail.com/forms/contactfinance

They are rather slow to respond but if you keep phoning some people are better at getting you through to the right people than others.  

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Request a managers callback, they should phone you back within 48hours. Contact finance form is useless. I changed DD instructions then they charged me twice for the same invoice, so i cancelled the DD so they could not take next invoice payment as i would be short. Account all up to date so i try to get the DD set back up with the same details as before, 3 weeks later and over 20 calls and 5 contact finace invoices each time told it had been set back up i get suspended for no DD mandate on the account, the same DD mandate they kept saying had been set back up. 1 phone call from the manager and all sorted

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

what phone number have you used in the past?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I start from the generic business contact one: 03457 950 950

Early am is better for a shorter wait but its deffinately a call to make on speaker whilst pottering on other things  until they pick up

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: