Ooooh... buyers can now add photos to their feedback???

Just leaving some feedback for items I have bought and was asked to leave photos... blimey this is gonna set the cat among the pigeons. Anyone else experienced this yet?

Message 1 of 101
See Most Recent
100 REPLIES 100

@gnosemalf wrote:

Besides, the latest 'improvement' seems to make leaving feedback less convenient so this seems to be like the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

I was going to say something similar, but saw your post first so will add in reply.

I sold 13 items on ebay last year, only two buyers left FB, my lowest % ever.

If this innovation makes leaving FB any more inconvenient perhaps this year I'll get no FB at all.

Perhaps that's the idea?

Like others have said, I'd rather more important things were fixed before more unimportant stuff is added to an already creaking site. 

Message 21 of 101
See Most Recent

Any photo ? That should be fun. I have no intention of photographing a roll of bubble wrap or padded envelopes. Will just put a nice picture of some scenery or something.

Message 22 of 101
See Most Recent

It'll be one those things...

Where sellers cant leave a buyer feedback that includes photo's, only a buyer can leave the seller any kind of feedback they want + a photo.

I would love to start showing screenshots of delivery confirmations on buyers feedback after they've claimed non delivery or opened up a INR case 😅

Message 23 of 101
See Most Recent

@key-library wrote:

It'll be one those things...

Where sellers cant leave a buyer feedback that includes photo's, only a buyer can leave the seller any kind of feedback they want + a photo.

I would love to start showing screenshots of delivery confirmations on buyers feedback after they've claimed non delivery or opened up a INR case 😅

I have to agree with you there.  It will be heavily slanted as per normal, for the buyer and against the seller.  I would love the opportunity to screen shot and post delivery confirmations for feedback that claim 'Item was 10 days late' etc.  Alas I think you are correct though this will be for buyer only.

Another 'we have listened' bs from eBay... so again who asked for this?

Message 24 of 101
See Most Recent

I can see this could get naughty very quickly. There will be the buyer with a bad experience who uploades a pictures of a steaming pile of p**h or similar or worse even to illustrate the experience. It will be removed (hopefully). 

Message 25 of 101
See Most Recent

Interesting view of ebay customers.  I must get all the fluffly ones!

I get Christmas cards (and Easter Cards) chocolates and letters from my customers.

Sold some charms to one person, got about 50 back in the post that he had bought but ended up not putting on a bracelet he had put together for his daughter.  Gobsmacked I was, have begun selling them and giving to proceeds to my favourite animal rescue, pass a good deed on!

Another sent me a genuine US Secret Service dog collar for my German Shepherd, (buyer works for them) now I have the coolest mutt in the village as well as the coolest customer!  If we had been able to put up photos when I was dealing with that lovely gentleman, a photo of my dog would be there. 

My first thought is that this photo lark is a mad idea, but I'm coming around to it!

Message 26 of 101
See Most Recent

ebay is certainly tinkering with the feedback system. My feedback numbers have been fluctuating by about 30 all day

Message 27 of 101
See Most Recent

Nice! That's the coolest thing ever! 

Message 28 of 101
See Most Recent

This is fairly common place on other channels.  Its great for reasonable turnover products and for positive reviews.  Great as a buyer when you see the sellers pro photos plus some more candid buyer shots.  It enhances a listing. 

I've left photo product reviews on eBay over the last few years when I've been sent request links to do so by eBay - not as part of the standard eBay feedback - I'm assuming this is the new bit, this is part of positive/ neutral/ negative feedback?

I've found its not so great when a buyer is effectively airing their issues in public without making contact.  I have one review for a ring that has an image of the ring broken.  The buyer is also a seller of not dissimilar items - albeit theirs are proprietary mine are my own designs.  The break is very unusual - oddly very straight cut break and on a non stress point.  I 'reached out' when I read the review - offering full refund plus replacement item, not asking for removal of review etc just concerned at a dissatisfied customer.  They didn't respond.  This is when I researched and found they were a competitor.

As an enhancement I think photos should only be with positive reviews and negative feedback should be sufficient to handle the poor sellers and protect customers.

On eBay, feedback tends to be more about customer service rather than product.  I recon 70% of mine reference speed of dispatch/ delivery which doesn't quite fit with the product review photo.

Message 29 of 101
See Most Recent

Oh well, all I say is good luck with all these blurred/distorted pictures cluttering the FB page.

Has Ebay management nothing better to do than thinking of creating more media junk on its site?

Message 30 of 101
See Most Recent

Feedback that I've tried to leave today is not showing at all. I wonder why.

Message 31 of 101
See Most Recent

Seems parts of eBay are not quite in sync as that buyer is now no longer registered.

Message 32 of 101
See Most Recent

All those saying 'this is normal for many other sites' are missing the point that B+Q customer reviews etc... are for BNIB items and they (the seller) have 100% in-house control of any content, they can and will remove unfair, untrue, unflattering, inappropriate or irrelevent images in seconds. eBay, on the other hand...

Fragile bedsit buyers will be posting memes and other tat like that I expect, and eBay are hard enough to get in action to do basic things anyway, let alone remove images from feedback.

Message 33 of 101
See Most Recent

Other sites do it

Amazon for example, have the chance to add a photo when leaving a review

I've had the chance but to be honest, I can't be bothered to get the camera out, take a pic, upload it then post it for everything I buy

*If you want to make enemies, try to change something - Woodrow Wilson
*It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Charles Darwin
Message 34 of 101
See Most Recent

I take back what I just said - I can be bothered

I've just left feedback and added two photos simply because I found it funny unwrapping my items inside half a roll of bubblewrap wrapped in cling film in between carboard wadding and a home made box with fragile tape wrapped all around it. What was it? two ink cartridges sealed in plastic pouches. I thought it was my birthday and I was playing pass the parcel on my own.

The photos won't show yet but apparently will soon

*If you want to make enemies, try to change something - Woodrow Wilson
*It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Charles Darwin
Message 35 of 101
See Most Recent

@signs_and_vintage  B and Q online has for some time been a marketplace.  Accessed via Mirakl.

So sellers are not in control of the feedback or platform - B and Q is still a more defined site, as a DIY platform. 

Its almost like going back a few decades when stores didn't stock full ranges and customers could flick through catalogues of unstocked, order in, items.  As a sales person you phoned or faxed the order and the suppliers shipped direct. I worked at weekends/ holidays at one of the first B and Q stores in Southampton and we had catalogues for kitchens and bathrooms.

Many places websites are now platforms.  Ojewellery (my brand) just started being a brand on Debenhams.  Sites like Boots, Decathlon, Go Outdoors, Superdrug are also web marketplaces these days.  Theres also the interesting potential to test the waters on the web and get invited to showcase product instore for some of these.

As with anything new there are potential issues but also in use photos alongside a product listing can really enhance it.

For an item thats a one off or second hand will a poor photo cause detrement to sellers if they don't have more of the same?

Message 36 of 101
See Most Recent

A fellow walker I see! That's not a bad plan, got some cracking photos from striding edge last week. I'm sure sellers on E-bay would love to see them! 

Message 37 of 101
See Most Recent

I just see more likelihood of malice on a site like this, let's not overreact here -rarely I'm sure, but when it does happen what on earth are eBay's (ignored) policies going to be on removal? Poor, let's safely assume!

Marketplace or not the vast majority of other sites do not suffer from the same 'understaff, undertrain and run it 5 minutes from failure' ideology that seems to have gripped eBay the last 10-15 years.

Message 38 of 101
See Most Recent

Still images just won't do your pass-the-parcel experience justice. 

It should be a video - an 'unboxing' video.  I understand that these vids are really popular on YouTube.

If eBay extended the functionality to include unboxing vids, buyers would flock to the site just to see them - and might make a purchase while they're there.  That would be good.   

Message 39 of 101
See Most Recent

I'm quite sure that your response is ment tongue in cheak but I think you're onto something.  Clickable unboxing streams on youtube would be amazing.  eBay / sellers / customers could monetise these to.  They'd be a big notch up on anything other platforms are doing

Message 40 of 101
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: