My local drop off won't accept parcels larger than a shoebox.

My local Yodel drop off point has said they will not take any parcels larger than a shoebox as they are "just a convenience store".  They are the only local Yodel point.  Is this normal?  Are there "large" and "small" designated Yodel dropoffs?

thanks

A

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is ansver from (Packlink eBay)

I hope it help.

Riza (Packlink eBay)

18 Mar 2024, 20:28 CET

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Packlink and apologies for the inconvenience.
Our agreement with Yodel is 120cm x 50cm x50cm.
This is an eBay agreement with Yodel and our special agreement allows such dimension (different if you buy on Yodel directly).
The shop owner should have not rejected the parcel but this has been escalated to sort the issue.
We would suggest to please cancel the label and repurchase for a different carrier. Meanwhile you can retrieve the parcel anytime from where you drop it off.

Best

Riza
Customer Service Advisor UK
eBay Delivery powered by Packlink

P.S. It all ended with Yodel holding my parcel for 14 days at the delivery point near my house, then Yodel driver took it from there and lost it.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Hi

We had the same issue, despite us putting in the measurements on ebay and Yodel still coming up.  It was a  Morrisons Yodel drop off point that refused to take it.

We take it now to another News agents and they accepted it I know its a pain, but is there anyway further you can try.

Best wishes

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Not sure of Yodel's T & C's if they are any different,  but here is eBay's T & C's for  size and weight, for listing items with a Cick & Collect option:

Your item weighs no more than 15kg (including packaging) and no one side of the parcel exceeds 90cm, with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres. (Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the Click & Collect location and may be disposed of, without reimbursement)

@twilighthorse 

@lincolnshiremarine 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Your item weighs no more than 15kg (including packaging) and no one side of the parcel exceeds 90cm, with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres.

That's still much larger (and heavier) than most shoeboxes. For example, 0.324 cubic metres with a 90cm limit on the longest side equates to a box that is 90cm x 60cm x 60cm (or 90cm x 70cm x 51cm etc).

A previous thread suggests this "shoebox size" is an unwritten policy being followed by some Yodel depot managers. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

That's all I could find on the eBay help pages @4_bathrooms .

I've never used Yodel, so perhaps Mr Google may help there?  A reveal of Yodel's policies ?

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

That's all I could find on the eBay help pages @4_bathrooms .

I've never used Yodel, so perhaps Mr Google may help there?  A reveal of Yodel's policies ?

I'm not sure if it is Yodel or "Yodel Direct" that is involved; the latter is a poor relation to the former. It might also depend on how the drop off service was booked; i.e. through a broker such as Packlink or directly via Yodel. The eBay help pages are for services booked via Packlink where eBay's/Packlink's policies would apply.

In the other thread Anita@ebay stated the drop off points should not be refusing the parcels. However, it also seems the reason they were refusing them was because their designated Yodel driver had told them to refuse anything larger than a shoebox as that is what their depot/manager had instructed them to do.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Oh what a minefield!  Glad I don't use either service,  Yodel or Click & Collect.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

I've never used Yodel, so perhaps Mr Google may help there? 

Actually...Google did help. Yodel's website states the maximum size that can be sent is 60cm x 50cm x 50cm (0.15m³) and up to 10kg in weight. Maybe that's the issue.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I see the Yodel website also says you can't send glass or china items at all - or "documents" (whatever that may mean).

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

It is ansver from (Packlink eBay)

I hope it help.

Riza (Packlink eBay)

18 Mar 2024, 20:28 CET

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting Packlink and apologies for the inconvenience.
Our agreement with Yodel is 120cm x 50cm x50cm.
This is an eBay agreement with Yodel and our special agreement allows such dimension (different if you buy on Yodel directly).
The shop owner should have not rejected the parcel but this has been escalated to sort the issue.
We would suggest to please cancel the label and repurchase for a different carrier. Meanwhile you can retrieve the parcel anytime from where you drop it off.

Best

Riza
Customer Service Advisor UK
eBay Delivery powered by Packlink

P.S. It all ended with Yodel holding my parcel for 14 days at the delivery point near my house, then Yodel driver took it from there and lost it.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent