How can I make a complaint about Ebay customer services?

I am very dissatisfied with Ebay customer service advisors.  I would like to make a complaint and would like to know how to do this?

Message 1 of 208
See Most Recent
207 REPLIES 207

Just spent 1hr with 3 people telling me differnt things. Beyond frustrating. They used to be good. I thinking the timing key of calling at night and getting script readers is on target. Thank you i will call during ther day next time. It was like talking to a wall of robots. 

Message 21 of 208
See Most Recent

Yes I have a complaint about a company on eBay called **** I ordered a item 3 months ago and I keep getting and loads of email off this company asking me to take off the feed back I sent I asked for my money back and they said they will send item I looked at the tracking and it's still not left we're ever it's coming from from May to July the it's absolutely wrong so I want my money back so I'm not going to take the feed back off so eather eBay do something about them are I will be informing the bank are trading standards.

thanks c richmond.            Tracking number 17-06986-77527 

Message 22 of 208
See Most Recent

Problems with ebay sellers are dealt with by using the ebay money back guarantee and opening a case in the Resolution Centre.  There are strict time limits and it sounds as if you are out of time for ebay to assist. 

In particular, you have 30 days from the estimated date of delivery to open a case for item not received, which sounds like your issue.   However, very long estimated deliveries confuse the system and it can think you are out of time, even if still in the long delivery window.

Message 23 of 208
See Most Recent

As above; eBay's limit for opening an item not received dispute is 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date has passed. Also, as the seller appears to be registered overseas Trading Standards/Citizen's Advice are not going be much help.

Your only real chance of a resolution is to message the seller and offer them 14 days to either send a replacement or a full refund and inform them if neither happens you will file a dispute with your payment provider. If you paid by PayPal you have 180 days from the date of the transaction to do this; most cards have a 120 day limit. If you do open such a dispute make sure you do so selecting the correct reason for opening the dispute; i.e. the item/goods were not received.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 24 of 208
See Most Recent

I have tried on at least 4 occasions contacring ebay to get a response to my problem. I ordered a waistcoat (order no 23-07-583-20555) for my wife and they sent a children's size which does not fit my wife, in fact it would fit a 8/10 year old. I tried using your return system but the postage would have been £16 40. The Waistcoat total cost was £17 51 plus £3 50 shipping , with no guarantee of total refund. I am not happy with your inability to communicate with me and will be taking advice on this situation.

Can I get a response ASAP as  a Loyal  and longstanding 79 year old customer.

Message 25 of 208
See Most Recent

open a not as described case -

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Best next time to start your own thread to get quick help.

Message 26 of 208
See Most Recent

Complaining is a waste of time

eBay aren't interested - they run their site how they want and consider that you can leave if you don't like it.

---

Ladies and Gentlemen

This sadly is how it is, we've all been complaining for over a month on the shops debarcle, yet eBay have shown that simply do not listen, care and plough on regardless despite everyone saying they don't like it or want it.

eBay are just like Facebook, Amazon and the other corporate giants, they are not the slightest bit interested in businesses that use their platform, individuals or people in general. They exist to purely make and chase profits.

A sign of the times sadly, Facebook is now thankfully getting some heavy flak for it, eBay and Amazon will be next hopefully and shamed for their corporate greed and uncaring way they treat their users.

Message 27 of 208
See Most Recent

@santlache_sales wrote:

Complaining is a waste of time

eBay aren't interested - they run their site how they want and consider that you can leave if you don't like it.

---

Ladies and Gentlemen

This sadly is how it is, we've all been complaining for over a month on the shops debarcle, yet eBay have shown that simply do not listen, care and plough on regardless despite everyone saying they don't like it or want it.

eBay are just like Facebook, Amazon and the other corporate giants, they are not the slightest bit interested in businesses that use their platform, individuals or people in general. They exist to purely make and chase profits.

A sign of the times sadly, Facebook is now thankfully getting some heavy flak for it, eBay and Amazon will be next hopefully and shamed for their corporate greed and uncaring way they treat their users.

Did you expect their business to run differently than all the other businesses?

Don't expect much from people shaming a company. They'll still use the company. 

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 28 of 208
See Most Recent

---

I do and I could throw it back to you....

Do you treat your customers with the contempt that ebay shows towards it's customers (sellers).

Somehow I think the answer is no, you treat them the opposite to the way eBay treats us.

eBay aren't a business in the sense you and I are part of, they are a coporate giant and these people do what the hell they want nowadays, even avoiding tax on a massive scale as eBay does in the UK.

If you make just one slip, HMRC will come down on you hard, yet eBay gets away with it by employing people to make sure they do, in other words unlike you and me they don't contribute to the society they operate in.  They avoid doing so as best they can.

You could likely build several schools or a hospital with the money eBay UK avoids in tax.

Message 29 of 208
See Most Recent

@gemulho0 
You have written your complaint on a member-to-member discussion board for sellers; it's unlikely to be seen by Ebay staff, who would, in any case, advise you to open a "item not as described" case with the seller from whom you bought the item, as another member has said. https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Jo

Message 30 of 208
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer may well come back, "Please contact Customer Services".

Message 31 of 208
See Most Recent

@santlache_sales wrote:

---

I do and I could throw it back to you....

Do you treat your customers with the contempt that ebay shows towards it's customers (sellers).

Somehow I think the answer is no, you treat them the opposite to the way eBay treats us.

eBay aren't a business in the sense you and I are part of, they are a coporate giant and these people do what the hell they want nowadays, even avoiding tax on a massive scale as eBay does in the UK.

If you make just one slip, HMRC will come down on you hard, yet eBay gets away with it by employing people to make sure they do, in other words unlike you and me they don't contribute to the society they operate in.  They avoid doing so as best they can.

You could likely build several schools or a hospital with the money eBay UK avoids in tax.

No, I treat my customers with the respect due. However I am required to run my business for my shareholders, not my customers.

Ebay are a business in that they have owners who want a return on their investment. Just like small businesses too.

The differences are in how they are run and their vastly increased corporate requirements. Something much smaller businesses would find too expensive to handle.

Of course they avoid tax - many people do. Its legal.

You have a pension scheme, an ISA, perhaps claim for working at home part of the year? Tax avoidance.

I had to purchase a new rollator a couple of years back, no VAT paid on it - tax avoidance. 

Now if you were talking tax evasion, that would be illegal and HMRC (and others) would come down on them like a ton of bricks. Every year there are people fined or even jailed for tax evasion. Generally not at the large corporate level, its not worth the benefit. 

More the retailer smuggling in tobacco, or the homeowner paying a builder cash to evade VAT or the businessman running two very similar businesses he classes as seperate to evade registering for VAT due to turnover. 

Dogen
Message 32 of 208
See Most Recent

Yes I would like to mak a complaint. I ordered a chest from eBay and it came damaged. I have tried and tried to get the item picked up but I'm not getting any correspondence from the seller. I did get a few messages but it has all stoped now. I'm very dissatisfied 

Message 33 of 208
See Most Recent

@tigertim.hb-4 wrote:

Yes I would like to mak a complaint. I ordered a chest from eBay and it came damaged. I have tried and tried to get the item picked up but I'm not getting any correspondence from the seller. I did get a few messages but it has all stoped now. I'm very dissatisfied 

And what are you expecting from ebay? 

Dogen
Message 34 of 208
See Most Recent

Have you read, and are you using,  the eBay money back guarantee?  That tells you all you need to know and what to do.

Message 35 of 208
See Most Recent

The fact is eBay realised years ago trying to referee disputes and paying staff high wages to arbitrate matters  was a 'dead-end road' so without mentioning it they've adopted a buyer beware policy, (beware or aware of what?)  that eBay can only offer limited assistance.  So they do not take sides and offer a minimal service.

We must accept that  'Buyers remorse' occurs often than we think - so they are not always to blame. It appears The ideal eBay have chosen to sell more and more new goods become more of a shopping centre site with fixed prices and to slowly phase out auctions of mostly used goods (the trouble maker items).  Prove this to yourself by clicking on auction only searches, you may get 4-6% hits on offered for sale by auction goods, and over 90% fixed price sellers.  The old eBay as gone for good. 

Message 36 of 208
See Most Recent

Interesting to see you are still around .

Are you in any way connected to PREMIER PLY LIMITED ?

Message 37 of 208
See Most Recent

@tigertim.hb-4 wrote:

Provided the item was delivered within the last 30 days, this link should provide all the assistance you need.

eBay's return processes are ~90% automated. Select "arrived damaged" as the reason for requesting the return and let the case run it's course.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 38 of 208
See Most Recent

A buyer bought a pair of boots, made false allegations that the had a hole in them, refused to return them for a full refund and eBay said she could keep them and charged me their postage and gave full refund. This is unsatisfactory that eBay can give sellers items away for free and charge the the seller postage costs. Please tell me if other businesses do this?

Message 39 of 208
See Most Recent

That seems to be against the ebay MBG process, which requires a return before a refund, and it seems you did issue a returns label.  There must be more to it than you have told us. 

Message 40 of 208
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: