How can I make a complaint about Ebay customer services?

I am very dissatisfied with Ebay customer service advisors.  I would like to make a complaint and would like to know how to do this?

Message 1 of 206
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You would need to write a letter to the  London Head Office. The Address is in the User Agreement.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 206
See Most Recent
205 REPLIES 205

You would need to write a letter to the  London Head Office. The Address is in the User Agreement.

Message 2 of 206
See Most Recent

Anything specific or just all of them in general?

Message 3 of 206
See Most Recent

You can yell at the fence in your garden - will have the same effect 😞 nobody cares there 😞
Message 4 of 206
See Most Recent

@kinnbro wrote:

I am very dissatisfied with Ebay customer service advisors.  I would like to make a complaint and would like to know how to do this?

Ebay have to abide by the rules and laws concerning contracted payments.

This makes selling on ebay not a private sale but a contracted sale like buying from a vendor.

Ebay tend to come down on side of buyer because they have to due to laws.

If they didnt ebay would quickly go down the pan as buyers wouldnt come back anyway.

Any complaints and a return has to be accepted.

About the only time sellers win is if its INR and the seller has tracking showing delivered.

It takes time to get to know how ebay works wit hits rules, laws and MBG etc.

Quite a few fall foul of this.

Message 5 of 206
See Most Recent

Judging by the time you probably got the script readers in the Phillippines, might be best ringing again tomorrow but in the morning, hopefully get somebody in Ireland or to my shock somebody in yorkshire and they can actually do more than tell you that even though a buyer has returned an empty box they have indeed returned something so you have to refund them.

Message 6 of 206
See Most Recent

Complain? You should cocoa, as they said in my granny's day.You think eBay wants to hear your moans? Why do you think they have set the system up this way? To baffle you. I'm baffled, you are baffled, everyone is baffled. I'm raging.
Message 7 of 206
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

First take a scrap of paper.  Now do a wild child like scribble on it. Screw it up, drop it in the toilet and flush.

The result will be the same, it will have just taken you less time.

Sadly ebay doesn't do complaints, unless it is about decent honest sellers.... in which case they are all ears.

Message 8 of 206
See Most Recent

Complaining is a waste of time

eBay aren't interested - they run their site how they want and consider that you can leave if you don't like it

Message 9 of 206
See Most Recent

Thank you everyone for your comments, I am getting the same vibes from each of you, therefore won't bother wasting anymore time.  draw a line under it and move one.

Message 10 of 206
See Most Recent

I'm actually going to disagree, E-bay do listen generally. It can take a while for them to adjust to feedback and it's not always in their best interests to change things. I have been invited (and accepted), an invitation to join a business sellers group by E-bay directly to give them feedback on the site. Depending on how this pans out I will try and feedback here.

Message 11 of 206
See Most Recent

If you are so lucky as to access eBay customer services, they can be very good. It is the pathway to access them that is beset with thickets of thorns, broken bridges, impassable gates and signs that point in the wrong directions: "there be dragons".
One cause of the problem is an over-relliance on Artificial Intelligence. This is something many companies are doing and getting wrong.
They try and anticipate what problems will arise and how users will describe them. This results in users not being able to find an entry point that matches their idea of their problem. You look at lists and your problem isn't on any of them, yet it is a real problem

Message 12 of 206
See Most Recent

Does the letter have to be delivered by a horse carriage or steam train would be acceptable too??
Message 13 of 206
See Most Recent

How about putting review with Trustpilot?  The more people who do this, the more they will take notice.  There are more company out there that is similar to ebay, so when they lose customer, they think twice about their services.

Message 14 of 206
See Most Recent

It will happen to you one day.  Thought complaint issue would never happen to me, but I was wrong.

Message 15 of 206
See Most Recent

I would urge you to put review on Trustpilot.

Message 16 of 206
See Most Recent

Please rate Ebay on Trustpilot.

Message 17 of 206
See Most Recent

Please put your review on Trustpilot.

Message 18 of 206
See Most Recent

This is the step-by-step you may need to take picture on your phone or write down:

1.  Go to My Ebay.

2.  Select tab that say 'Account'.

3.  Go to 'Resolution Centre'.

4.  Select 'my problem is not listed here'.

5.  Select Support for buyers and sellers.

6.  Type in the search box 'User Agreement'.

7.  Number one will show the address is you wish to write letter and send by post.  Continue reading if you want to email.  Number 16 of the agreement will be 'Legal Dispute'.

8.  Select 'contacting customer support'.

9..  Choose email and then choose topic (x2)

10.  'Email us' will be on the left-hand side column.

Ebay may try to change this as they do not want you to make complaint but this is how I dealt with my issue,  Also, please put review on Trustpilot.

Message 19 of 206
See Most Recent

This is the step-by-step you may need to take picture on your phone or write down:

1. Go to My Ebay.
2. Select tab that say 'Account'.
3. Go to 'Resolution Centre'.
4. Select 'my problem is not listed here'.
5. Select Support for buyers and sellers.
6. Type in the search box 'User Agreement'.
7. Number one will show the address is you wish to write letter and send by post. Continue reading if you want to email. Number 16 of the agreement will be 'Legal Dispute'.
8. Select 'contacting customer support'.
9.. Choose email and then choose topic (x2)
10. 'Email us' will be on the left-hand side column.

Ebay may try to change this as they do not want you to make complaint but this is how I dealt with my issue, Also, please put review on Trustpilot.

Message 20 of 206
See Most Recent