Ebay clothes sales down

Hi all,

I have a business account and sell high end clothes - mainly used. I have been recently wondering if Vinted if causing a drop in sales on Ebay. I know that at the moment you can't be a business seller on Vinted ( that may change )....does anyone know the pros and cons of buying and selling on Vinted compared to Ebay. Do we think that Ebay can survive the likes of Vinted in the future? I would be interested in people's opinions. I am going to continue to sell on Ebay as I have no choice really. Looking at Vinted there do seem to be some very cheap even new with tags items on clothing. Has anyone had experience buying on Vinted? One thing I noticed is if there is a problem you only have 2 days to report a problem! 

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Ebay clothes sales down

Ah yeah I forgot that bit.

Ive got hundreds of clothes on rails to sell, I hate listing clothing so the appeal of whatnot is lower sale prices but the ability to move things fast. I like it as it's the polar opposite to the ebay listing process. 

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

Whatnot also offers NO RETURNS. Yup, if your buyer wants to return, Whatnot takes it back.  God knows what they do with the stuff... maybe at those prices no one can be bothered to return... Why return a T-shirt when, if it doesnt fit, it is still a very cheap tea towel. 

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

I don't sell clothes on eBay but if I have something to sell then vinted is the place but only if you don't mind selling stuff for next to nothing and expecting people to try and knock you down to ridiculous prices. With ebay you can at least stop that by setting best offer limits 

Yes the listing process is much easier but I've seen so many social media posts naming and shaming sellers sometimes unjustified   Yes there are no fees on vinted but I think it's only a matter of time before that changes and I've also heard that they crack down when they suspect a business seller 

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

No way will eBay ever consider some camera based auction system.

https://www.ebay.com/ebaylive

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: