Benefits of being a business seller on Ebay in 2023

I have been a business seller with a shop on Ebay for well over 15 years and I would be interested to hear what others think the benefits of being a business seller on Ebay are now ?

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Benefits of being a business seller on Ebay in 2023

@british-ceramics-and-paintings wrote:

Can anyone please explain the logic here:

Business sellers pay 36p to list each item (if you don't have a shop).

Private sellers have 1000 free listings a month.

Only eBay can explain why this is part of their business model.  We can only speculate. 

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

Re: Benefits of being a business seller on Ebay in 2023

And some would say. If you are taking advantage of that many free listings then you are a business seller so what's the logic in that eBay. Unless you are clearing grannies house no one would have 1000 personal items to see 

to me as a business seller I can't see that many advantages however if the good old taxman came knocking at least I'd show him my tax return without fear of being locked up for tax evasion so that's one comfort 

as a lady of advancing years I was brought up to be honest and by declaring that I'm buying to sell and thus registering as a business seller I guess the main advantage is that 

I hate the day eBay take my shop fees and I see £92 of profit disappear but that's life. EBay take an average of 25% of my sales but I guess there's no where else you would get access to the number of buyers that you do on eBay.   It's not the same as it was in the good old days of the early 2000s but nothing stays the same that's a fact of life. This supplements my income so that I can pay all the bills that my meagre salary doesn't and I'm very grateful for that. However as I approach retirement I'm definitely downsizing my stock because I do wonder how sustainable being a business seller here will be in the next few years 

Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: