when will ebay start to fine non paying bidders ? this could go to charity .

it seems to easy for bidders to walk away without any payments after bidding ,i notice that when i relist the items  maybe because i say relisted due to non payers  ,i never get the same price (less non paying bid of course ) maybe honesty is not the best policy .sellers need protecting too .

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Hello

Because you have the tools at hand to deal with non-payers !!! 

So If a buyer  does not pay you for item then you have to use the tools at your disposition by opening an un-paid item case for each item sold & for you to get your FVF fees back for each item sold & not paid for at least 2 days after item sold then close it 4 days later (you will have to close it manually yourself )

Also why say that relisted due to non payer ??? eBay knows & you know & believe me the buyer will know as by using the tools at your disposition you are in effect helping as if buyer has 2 un-paid item cases over 12 months then buyer will be unable to buy from other seller(s) as most have set their preferences to deal with non payers & time waster(s)

So open an un-paid item case for each item buyer has not paid for 

You have to do this before re-listing item

Read all about it here for more info
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Add the buyer's ID to your Blocked Bidders List. 
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Set your preferences as thigh as possible

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences&guest=1

Do not leave a neg on a positive for feedback as it will be removed & your account marked !!  Buyer won't be able to leave feedback either

So sellers have a way to deal with non payers indeed & need to use the tools at their disposition !!!

Hope this helps :womanhappy:

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Never ...it is not possible ....

As a seller you need to open an UID and see it through . Block the bidder too .....if EVERY seller did this and also set their buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more strikes then those members would soon find they would be prevented from bidding at all.

Make sure that you have taken these simple steps ....they are very effective ...
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

i must admit after having been on ebay for a lot opf years and never had a non pying buyer til this last month and i have had 2 ,i do go through the process of a case but it takes ages.also i have sold to second chance offers...so got my fees back and sold at nearly the same price..if all sellers go through the same process it will eventually get rid of a lot of peeps who do not pay.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

It's not the non-payers that so much get up my nose, as the blatent non-communication from them that really gets my hackles up.  I always send off an invoice as soon as somebody wins, and a reminder four days later if there has been no response.  I point out that under normal circumstances four days is the time limit but that I have upped mine to seven calendar days, after which Paypal Assist will automatically kick in and a request be sent to them from Paypal for payment to be made within four days, after which a non-payment case will automatically be opened up against them and a mark be made against their name.

Should a buyer write to me and say they are having cash flow problems where they won't be paid until the end of the month, or that their Granny has passed away, fair enough - I know the score and will act upon it, but where somebody arrogantly ignores your reminder, that, to me, is a carnal sin.  How long does it take so send a three sentance reply.  Once the case is closed - I've never had a case go against me yet, I immediately put them on my blocked bidders list, and tell them!  

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

it is annoying but as long as ebay refund monies lost ect  its not that bad.i have had a few and block less than 5 feedbacks /card on file /paypal ect..non buyers /payers should have negative feedback put on by ebay  maybe that would deter them? and i agree the time lag can lose you sales it should be 24 hours unless agreed before hand and maybe a deposit left?

Spoiler

Smiley Frustrated dont know what i pressed lo l

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

good point thank you
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent