"Congratulations"

Twice this evening I have been in the middle of a search, adding filters, when I've been interrupted by an American woman congratulating me on being chosen to win an i-phone or something - a Windows promotion of some kind.  I don't want to click on OK to enter, I just want to get on with what I was doing, so I click at the very top of the page and lose eBay altogether and have to sign in again.  Anyone else had this problem, and got out of it without losing what they were doing?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

"Congratulations"

tara*teller
Conversationalist

I've had the problem lots of times now but sadly not found a way out of it without coming out of eBay altogether.

It's infuriating and it only happens on this site Cat Mad

You would think eBay would be doing something about this wouldn't you really.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

"Congratulations"

Smiley Very Happyit,s an add like on utube and clicks of just at bottom left

Petal
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

"Congratulations"

Thanks, I'll look for that next time the stupid woman interrupts me. Yes, you would think eBay would have a word, as it's irritating their customers to the point where they might give up altogether.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

"Congratulations"

It did worry me the first time I saw it as it seems a bit serious the way it just chucks you right off the site, I wonder where it's come from and actually why it's getting through?

I'm waiting with poised finger to click her away next time she appears! scream_cat

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

"Congratulations"

It is a pain in the arris there is a fix for those using safari however I haven’t yet found one that doesn’t cost for windows. These pop ups are infuriating and are simply trying to con you!
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent