The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Would you send your children to a private school

If you could afford it would you send your children to a private school? I think it depends on the child, some kids would undoubtedly benefit where as others would not, however results might suggest that they would get a step up on the ladder and as ...

"Congratulations"

Twice this evening I have been in the middle of a search, adding filters, when I've been interrupted by an American woman congratulating me on being chosen to win an i-phone or something - a Windows promotion of some kind. I don't want to click on OK...

User avatar by Helper
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any music gurus on the RT?

There's an advert on TV for coffee featuring the song Jump Back Baby, Jump Back. Now, who had the popular hit with that song? Was it Dion and the Belmonts? OR, was it someone else? OK, I know who the original artiste was but I can't remember who had ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identifying dinner plates - help pls!

Hi there I have these 2 old dinner plates which are foxing me. They look pretty old but I can't find anything similar on-line. They are discoloured to cream. They have a light blue print of poppies, paisley-like swirls and tassels. I don't think they...

Clocks back?

So, it's time to put the clocks back by one hour tonight, have you got clocks and if so are they striking or chiming clocks? Turning the hands of some such clocks back can cause damage particularly antique clocks. Others may well get the striking/chi...

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Butter Mountain now?

Remember years back when the Common Market had a Butter mountain? Well, they ain't got one now and in fact the French have Butter in short supply:- http://news.sky.com/story/i-cant-believe-theres-no-butter-french-dairy-crisis-starts-to-bite-11096986 ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Police pursuits?

I guess we've all heard about Police pusuits where the cops are following someone who fails to stop when the cops signal them to do so? If the pursued crashes, who is at fault? The cops for chasing them or the one being pursued? What are the cops sup...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Robert Mugabe

Never thought I'd see the words 'Robert Mugabe' and 'Goodwill Ambassador' in the same sentence. What a ridiculous appointment for the WHO to make. The head of the organisation say it praises Mugabe for his commitment to public health, meanwhile his o...

Spiders?

It's Spider time, they're coming in......... Have you had any?I've had five big ones come in this last week or so. Afraid of Spiders? Do you put them outside or squash 'em?

User avatar by Guide
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storms and Hurricanes

I know that storms and hurricanes are given names. Latest Storm has caused a lot of destruction overseas and given the unusual name of Ophelia What happens when it gets here. It becomes Storm Brian.

Will Chris Packham be next

In the light of the recent sacking of the England Women's manager following the teams 6-0 win and a campaign by the guardian newspaper over his alleged racist remarks to a player, are we putting people in an impossible situation when they are in publ...

What excuse for when it doesn't happen?

He's at it again. https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-world-supposedly-end-sunday-140637687.html The world was supposed to end on 23rd of September but we're still here. Now it'll end on 15th of October (he says). Oh yeah? I wonder what excuse he'll come u...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pronunciation?

You often see words that are pronounced in different ways even though they have similar basic spelling to others? One word, a name appears on every news site you look at just lately and that is Weinstein. It seems it's usually pronounced wine-steen? ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crimewatch axed?

The BBC are going to axe Crimewatch because of falling audiences. Why do you think that is? Is it just because of changing viewing habits or what? I wonder if it's because they've done the same as other programmes, got far too much "presenter exposur...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues receiving my tax return!

Strange one this but after realising (in about July!) that I hadnt received my paper return, I called HMRC and after 15 minutes arguing/shouting/swearing at a machine, was put through to a proper human being. They confirmed a full return was sent out...

Electric aga oven

anyone got an Electric aga oven ..? if so have you ever had the Hobs not working ..? mine have been working on and off for 2 years now ..work for 3/4 weeks then pack in for 2/5weeks ..now i can not get them to work at all ..its a touch pad for on & o...

The Lottery?

Do you play the lottery on the basis "you've got to be IN it to WIN it"? Or, "Someone's got to win it, it might be me"? Have you worked out the cost? No? £2 a go, twice a week is £208 a year. Do you win that much (or more) per year? The odds are supp...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone knowledgable about aircraft?

I have seen a very peculiar looking plane flying over Cheltenham several times in the past month or so. It has a small nose wing and what look like rear facing twin propellers, it's a very noisy beast when it's flying low. The only thing I can find t...

Does any one know copyright laws?

Hi all a bit of info sought on copyright laws please. I have a specific question. If I were to make and sell oilcloth items with a pattern from a specific designer, lets say for example "Cath Kidson" am I breaking copyright laws? If you cannot advise...

New Feedback Page

Simply dont like it.What is the point of putting it all on one page, then having to click on Leave Feedback for each one individually. If it isnt broke dont mend it.

House Martins

My local House Martins haven't arrived yet this year. They normally arrive around April 21st, so I'm getting a bit worried. Are any of you other birdie folks on here missing your Martins? Could it be the colder temperatures that are putting them off ...

mules

where can i buy these Mules ..picture not very good ..sorry