fraud

SELLERS BEWARE! 

In my opinion even when you’re right,  eBay will not back  you, it is always the Buyer, even when they have made mistakes and are also being dishonest.                                                                            

I had an item Collection Only, the Buyer on making the winning bid hadn’t realised and asked if I would send the item and they would pay for Post & Packing. They paid and emailed the Couriers’ Label with an accompanying message. No payment was made for Packing or for time and fuel to take  the item  to the couriers  [Hermes] drop off  shop . The item was securely packed and taken to the Courier Shop and a dated and numbered receipt was given. A few days later I was accused by the Buyer, through eBay, that I had not sent the item and it had not entered the Couriers’ System.   Buyer must have had a tracking number but it seems it was the wrong one as I had the receipt for the Parcel.  A Complete Fiasco followed for the next  three weeks , the parcel  must have gone from pillar to post. I didn’t find out for almost a month as it was only through my own perseverance,  I managed to get a tracking number  finally from P reference No. Where the parcel  is now God  the Buyer or the God only knows.

I am the totally innocent  party, but left the loser,  as the Buyer has received a full Refund from my Paypal Account, and as the Buyer purchased the postage label has most probably also claimed a refund from the Courier. WHOEVER SAID HONESTY PAYS. If this is what happens when you do the Buyer a favour, never again, I shall stick to my guns. If I state Collection Only then it will mean Collection Only.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

fraud

I'm sorry to hear that the buyer scammed you Smiley Sad  And it sounds like you have learnt the lesson when it comes to collection only sales.

If a buyer asks for the item to be shipped then the seller should take control and organise the postage/courier.

As far as ebay/Paypal would be concerned you sold as collection only and had no evidence that it was sent by courier because you allowed the buyer to arrange the courier.

Collection in person by the buyer or seller arranges shipping; never agree to any other option.  Cancel the sale if necessary. If the buyer then chooses to leave negative feedback ebay will remove it becaue the buyer has asked for something not offered in the listing.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

fraud

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

As it was the buyer's courier they had no come back by an eBay case and you should appeal.

Now I'm just citing eBay's own rules that "Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer." - "are not covered eBay Money Back Guarantee"

To help you here's the link to the eBay page -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/pages/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#match

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

fraud

According to the OP the courier didn’t collect the goods.  They were taken to the courier.   Is tha still considered ‘collection’?

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

fraud

I would say 'yes' as it's the buyer's courier.

But the OP will lose nothing by trying.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent