ebay search amongst other things been 'broken'

What is it with ebay, (is it just me - but I dont think so..)?

Search  seems to now return random results not including searched for words.

Its forevere returning 'Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later ' as a auyer i'm rather frustrated by this and I'm sure sellers cant be impressed as I cant find their stuff to buy!

Is ther a new reliable ebay equivalent out there somewhere?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Further to,  i get ebay notifications of posting 2 days after I've recieved them - (no doubt for this ebay'll say it was the seller being slow)

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

photo Teckie.gifhmm i think it,s being fixed

i just put a single item in the above search box and it did work for me

Petal
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Hmm, search 'bmw f10 brake sensor'

First item returned 'BMW WATER COOLANT EXPANSION TANK LEVEL SENSOR E 36 E91 X3 X5 Z4 17137524812 '  I cant see 'f10' or a 'brake' in there?

Followed by a 'Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later.'

Then within a sellers listings, search 'BMW F10', it tells me there are 0 results for bmw f10, yet in the related items it returns:

'GENUINE BMW 520D F10 F11 2010-2013 SERVICE KIT OIL CABIN POLLEN FILTER NEW '

yet I spy with my little eye in 2nd and 4th place a BMW and a f10

and ''BMW Genuine 5 series f10 520d 520i 528i Rear Brake Pad Wear Sensor 3435 6791962' yet again I spy avec mon petite œil, in 1st and 4th place a BMW and a F10 !

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

@svincec wrote:

What is it with ebay, (is it just me - but I dont think so..)?

Search  seems to now return random results not including searched for words.

Its forevere returning 'Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later ' as a auyer i'm rather frustrated by this and I'm sure sellers cant be impressed as I cant find their stuff to buy!

Is ther a new reliable ebay equivalent out there somewhere?

I have all kinds of problems, it all depends on which browser you use.

I use IE, google chrome and firefox.  all have some kind of issue with ebay.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Sometimes less is more when it comes to car parts on eBay.  If you put bmw f10 brake sensor, it will probably latch onto the " sensor " bit and show you ALL sensors of every kind.  I've bought many parts for my Evo on eBay and I normally just put Evo parts and trawl through everything......it's actually quite interesting what pops up.  I've actually found stuff I wasn't looking for, which I bought.......either to upgrade the existing parts or just to turn it into jet propelled beast it now is. Smiley Happy  Just put in BMW F10 parts and if there's a brake sensor going, it will be in there somewhere.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Your'e being too specific with your search which is not what ebay want, they want you to browse for hours so you may see something else you might buy.  They call it a business plan, I call it wasting time.

Man Mad

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

It used to be fine and work as expected, soemthing change several weeks ago - without any notification, not that ebay ever think they need to inform anyone of their intentional or otherwise 'changes' . typical big business contempt for their customers. Perhaps we need a Uswitch for auction sites :-))

It's a shame really, as years ago Ebay used to be a bit of a paragon of service ?

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent