a discussion

hi just wonder what every-ones thoughts are

are we heading for a 3rd world war or are we too sensible?

just listening to the news all the conflicts through-out the world now the possibility of one with Russia/U|kraine

Message 1 of 38
See Most Recent
37 REPLIES 37

a discussion

There's a risk assessment organisation (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) that assesses the state of conflicts in the world every year, and apparently, in 2015, there are actually something like 23 fewer conflicts than there were in 2014.  Of course, that ight be just because they have all got bigger 😄

Message 2 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Good Question, I hope we won't fall into that trap again especially when we have seen so much conflict and loss of life in the past.
Putin wants to be admired and plays to an audience in his own interest. The conflict in Ukraine is as much about Russia saying back off to NATO as it is an ethnic problem. North of our own border there remain a hardcore group of scots who would readily start a conflict to achieve their personal ambitions of power and influence. We get to vote, in a couple of months many will cast in favour of a beer swilling midget in a trench coat who would also like to divide and rule rather than negotiate and seek compromise. The fact is our country will be ruined by unabated population growth, that's what should be stopped trouble is the economists cannot run a country without unrestrained growth. If a war does occur then it's a toss up who starts it, big business or a little guy with narcissistic tendencies.
Message 3 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Yep definitely,world war 3 and culled human race.,100 %  no doubt about  it ,,boom ,over all doomed ,murdered in our beds .goodbye Vienna.

Don#t panic though as that would cause upset amongst the lower classes and that may cause a war.

Message 4 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Mister EMB

Message 5 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

I think America and allies have always been at war ,freedom isn't free and all that. It's just lately though the oil game is getting a bit nasty as lots of countries trying to secure the new petro dollar...which in some respects is showing you that money hasn't got long to last in it's present form.

A person who says I have 60 trillion is actually lying in reality and a Gov that owes 169 trillion is also talkinkg rubbish as that much real cash doesn't exist ..all the diamonds and gold in the world doesn't add up to just our debt or mr gates back pocket.

The 3rd world war will be a cull to rebalance the books and start again....so nope don't think its iyet ..just a scrap over who leads the pretend economy for the next/last 2 decades until the spacestations are ready and able for the deserving and the moon bank has all the gold and diamonds stashed (rob that if you can )  When all that's ready to go then.....................................PANIC.

Message 6 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pointless.

You can't change any of it so you might as well enjoy your life while you can. Being focused on the doom and gloom of this world will only bring more of it, besides making you feel miserable.

As long as power and greed exists wars will continue. Some will benefit, others won't.

Message 7 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

In some respects its very pointful ,if you join in the movement of shove greed  and control freaks where ithey belongs and stop wars.altogether...but if it makes folks happy (especially the greed machine folks) to stick to say nowt and smile ,well cool . As it happens  finding things to smile about is part of enjoying your pending doom lol

But seriously ,the OP says discussion and I like them wherever they may roam...you never know.

Message 8 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

I think a good rousing World War 3,  might be just what we need.  To get things moving again.

Isn't everyone getting thoroughly fed up with present-day civilisation?   It's so static. All it seems to offer nowadays,  is improved versions of electronic devices.  Such as bigger flat-screen TVs.  And i-Phones. i-Pads, and Tablets

These devices are useful.  But aren't they intrinsically boring?  They can't really satisfy the innate human yearning for excitement.

Surely we want  something bigger.  Like a massive thermonuclear World War 3.  Just think what excitements and thrills, that war would give us!  Thousands of nuclear missiles would be fired.  Much of the Northern Hemisphere, would be reduced to a fiery ruin.

Great cities, like New York, Moscow and London, would be blasted and burned.  Turned into radioactive craters.  All the centuries of culture and civilisation which these cities represent,  would get blown away in an instant of radical destruction.

Doesn't that idea seem extremely appealing? 

Message 9 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

@hefzi wrote:

There's a risk assessment organisation (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) that assesses the state of conflicts in the world every year, and apparently, in 2015, there are actually something like 23 fewer conflicts than there were in 2014.  Of course, that ight be just because they have all got bigger 😄

... or because we've only got as far as February! a photo wink_zps3628b152.gif

Message 10 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Mankinds need War , every so often , to clear the air , and re adjust the power balance 

Its allright for people in Britian we are unimaginably   wealthy compared to 95% of the rest of the World .

But the ones with little to lose , may well consider the risk worthwhile , look at those poor souls on that migrant ship from Africa Today , 300 drowned ! yet hardly makes the news , yet those folks had paid for that trip , and were prepared to risk their lives and everything they had for a chance to work illegally in Itlay , or London or some such .

contrast that intense experince of life with the "poorest " in Britain ? 

Fortune favours the brave , and one day I hope those Africans get to the promised land .

if that  means Europe and the UK , being made permanenlty poorer in a great "living standards crisis " ,

then so be it 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 11 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

I wonder if those people (and thousands of others like them) had been fed tales of "The Promised Land" by the unscrupulous criminals who were quite prepared to take their money knowing full well that the boats they sent them on had little chance of making the trip unscathed?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Whethe rit was "tales " , i am not sure , I doubt it was hard to persuade them 

the Lifestyle in Europe must be unimagianbly wealthy compared to their own , and all reinforced , by TV , Films and the general excesses of consumption 

Which are no doubt devoured the wide world Oer .

personally i find it very sad , though short of manning a rescue boat in the Med ,i am not sure what I can do about it .

Even foreign aid , may not do the trick , (as it encourages dependency ) though what would make a differnce would be Trade

If we could help African countries trade with the EU , it would stimulate theri own economies and spread wealth , it may off course mean letting our own agricultural industry , exist without subsidies .

which would put the cat amongst the pigeons 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 13 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Well, of course there is always the promise from God in the Bible to consider.Smiley Happy

He promises soon to restore life back to a paradise where all can live forever in peace and security, so he is not going to allow a 3rd world war to break out. xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 14 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

What's the betting that was said after the First World War?

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

I agree that Africa needs a fair overhaul,India has been doing great in the very same respects...the difference they have accepted the knuckle down to become wealthy and used the aid to improve the overall lifestyle of a lot (certainly not all) of people , and here is Africa's  problem,its run by despots who take the aid and blow it on individual tribe needs

If Mandela had really been the guy for Africa as a nation then it would be doing better,but instead he just jumped on the wealth of Nigeria and did the 'deal' that all these poor buggers do with the west .

The fuss then is all about controlling that wealth and that's what's going on all over the worlds wealth spots.. . Lots and lots of aid has been given Africa by lots of normal people all over the world,so its unfair to say the world should eventually live poorer .All live equal sounds a good idea though and all in the promised land.

And now for something completely different.......god says there will be a new beginning so he wont let big a bad a boom happen....

Well that depends I suppose on whether you live (for example) 2 mins from the stampeding  islam crusaders as you may not think very much of gods promise as you and your neighbours run for your lives at the end of your world.

Message 16 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

a footnote...not all of Africa is run by despots ,some places are doing very well thanks to the worlds generosity ,it's a very very big place. My point was around the wealth that could make it a nation in the world market.is des potty.

Message 17 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

@joamur_gosof wrote:

And now for something completely different.......god says there will be a new beginning so he wont let big a bad a boom happen....

Well that depends I suppose on whether you live (for example) 2 mins from the stampeding  islam crusaders as you may not think very much of gods promise as you and your neighbours run for your lives at the end of your world.

I do appreciate the fact my post was acknowledged, thank you.

As for running for our lives, well there will be no need, as God will protect and no harm whatsoever will befall anyone who puts their trust and faith in him xxxx

I personally although have no worries or direct need to be concerned about wealth of nations etc because that is not what is important where the future of this planet is concerned, I do have an interest in how things develope in the stream of time as these are all indications and signs of how near Jehovahs day is regarding his purpose of restoration and ridding this world of all that will ruin it. xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 18 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

As for running for our lives, well there will be no need, as God will protect and no harm whatsoever will befall anyone who puts their trust and faith in him xxxx

As much as I would like there to be truth in that,god has failed to protect so many millions of souls it hard to see the truth in that. If you mean not being afraid of certain death at the hands of callous nutcases as you will forever be free in gods kingdom of such callous nutcases,then you have a case to not fear death. No he does not protect from evil ,..not in the slightest..so running for your lives is all you have...standing there smiling however is another matter and god will I suppose welcome all to their impending doom on earth. My case then would be he indeed will let big a bad a boom happen just to see how many mad monkeys welcome it.

Message 19 of 38
See Most Recent

a discussion

Here we go again. Every wierd cult on Earth professes to be "The One" and that what they say is "The Truth". Followers smugly claim "to know" and that "you will see". They all claim that their particular divine being will"protect" them. Total baloney.

There have been umpteen predictions of impending armageddon and each is professed to be "the one". When nothing happens everything goes quiet........... until the next time.

The World would be a much better place if all such mumbo-jumbo was consigned to history and instead, people concentrated on following common decency with respect for the well-being of others.

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 38
See Most Recent