What a lousy choice we face ....

..... on Thursday

For the first time ever I have absolutely no clear idea of which local candidate I want to vote for (little difference between them it seems from the local leaflets)

Neither can I decide which of the 2 main party leaders would be the most competent to run the country. 

I have no confidence or trust in either of them.

Anyone else sitting on the fence?

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

Nope. I have decided:)
Message 2 of 32
See Most Recent

I sit on the bench every year, they all promise before election then after, silence, NOTHING, they usually go on holiday..

Message 3 of 32
See Most Recent

I think for a lot of voters it will be a case of 'Better the devil you know' and who can blame them?

Does anyone have the slightest confidence in Jeremy Corbyn as a prospective Prime Minister? I certainly don't.

Message 4 of 32
See Most Recent

Exactly the way I feel, Susie.

No confidence in Corbyn or May, I can't believe a word any of them say.

Message 5 of 32
See Most Recent

I felt the same way too....but after hearing Paul Nutall's speech this morning, I am going to vote UKIP. He is the only one who doesn't dodge questions and never refuses to answer a question. Corbyn just doesn't cut it, and May intends to give a free vote on fox hunting, so they are both out. Interesting times....busy night on Thursday!

Message 6 of 32
See Most Recent

I thought ukip were going to have referendums on fox-hunting?

We are many,They are few
Message 7 of 32
See Most Recent

That's not something I have heard. I shall have to do some research on that then....I may have to change my mind again. But one thing is for sure...I won't be voting for Comrade Corbyn. It is going to be an interesting night.

Message 8 of 32
See Most Recent

I will be voting tactically

So the Labour Candidate will get My Vote

#Anybody~but~the SNP lionrampsm.gif

Message 9 of 32
See Most Recent

The thing about voting is..... you're not voting for a Government, you're voting for a local candidate for MP who, if elected may (or may not) be a member of a party which forms the next Government.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 32
See Most Recent

>> #6: I felt the same way too....but after hearing Paul Nutall's speech this morning, I am going to vote UKIP. He is the only one who doesn't dodge questions and never refuses to answer a question...

I agree. I am in a fairly safe Conservative constituency. Given her record as Home Secretary, I don't entirely trust May to push through a clean break from the EU (we should already be out of it, in my opinion).  So my vote will go to UKIP - just to let the next (presumably Conservative) government know that we are still watching with a big stick, ready to prod in the event of any Brexit backsliding... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjO9Wx2iNq8

Message 11 of 32
See Most Recent

It's one of those elections that if my choice was on the ballot paper, they'd definitely win. It's "None of the Above"

Message 12 of 32
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

I will be voting tactically

So the Labour Candidate will get My Vote

#Anybody~but~the SNP lionrampsm.gif

Did you see this cyclists helmetcam video of Corbyn outside the Clutha Al?

We are many,They are few
Message 13 of 32
See Most Recent

I hope he does win well in scotland
Message 14 of 32
See Most Recent

I have voted Conservative but I agree we have a lousy choice. My reason for doing so is that I do not want the weak minded pacifist that is JC or the racist (to white people) incompetent that is Diane Abbot in power.

Message 15 of 32
See Most Recent

I suppose everyone should be thankful they HAVE freedom of choice. If it was left to the, shall we say more "officious" people, there'd be NO choice and woe betide you if you questioned the party line?

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 32
See Most Recent

When I went to vote.... the place was absolutely empty. I asked the two who were officiating "Where's the hoards of people, where's the armed Police, where's the exit pollsters"..... Worth a laugh anyway, I spent more than 5 minutes chatting and finally a couple came in.

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 32
See Most Recent

Maybe many these days, like myself, had arranged to have a postal vote. 

Message 18 of 32
See Most Recent

Re the cyclist where was the security? he could have had a sawn off under his lycra.

If he wasn't so manic about his freebies you could take him seriously.  The campaign is run by the newspapers and media...where are the headlines 'this was a guy whose cabinet had a vote of no confidence'......'this is the guy that wants to undo all the measures to curb the Unions that brought this country to its knees in living memory'......and hide a land tax in the small print so a widow in a bungalow with a large garden, her pride and joy, will be penalised.  'If' Labour got in we should all move to flats and get Diane Abbott to calculate the land value tax on 500 flats in a high rise.

Finally where are the headlines re an increased minimum/'living' wage that are then inflationary for salary scales up the ladder?  All well and good if only employing staff on LW but how many firms are really like that?  Higher wages fantastic but someone has to pay..no money tree...so the company has to increase prices/income to pay a higher wage bill then someone comes along and undercuts.  It is no surprise that the Chinese and Asian countries took over manufacturing as we priced ourselves out the market back in the day. Sadly there is always a nation that will work for a pittance rather than die and an ebay buyer that will always buy the cheapest......

Message 19 of 32
See Most Recent

"The campaign is run by the newspapers and media...where are the headlines....."

You obviously have not seen the headlines the past few days!

But i agree with your "The campaign is run by the newspapers and media"

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 32
See Most Recent