What a lousy choice we face ....

..... on Thursday

For the first time ever I have absolutely no clear idea of which local candidate I want to vote for (little difference between them it seems from the local leaflets)

Neither can I decide which of the 2 main party leaders would be the most competent to run the country. 

I have no confidence or trust in either of them.

Anyone else sitting on the fence?

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What a lousy choice we face ....

ok admit to not seeing all papers but tv does reflect headlines 🙂  but have been shocked at BBC coverage especially with facts/matters they will end their political pieces with (a tactic that viewers may only remember the 'last word')  Maybe eventually someone with more time than sanity will do a chart of dissing May/Tories v dissing Corbyn/Labour or others....in summing up reports.

Perhaps the most ridiculous event in the campaigns was Corbyn's call for May to resign as PM...a couple of days before she wasn't effectively PM anymore anyway.....brilliant.    

But wait also a toss up with replacing a Shadow Home Secretary with a day to go....

Message 21 of 32
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

I will be voting tactically

So the Labour Candidate will get My Vote

#Anybody~but~the SNP lionrampsm.gif

Hi Al, Looks like quite a few were thinking along your lines up there in bonnie Scotland!

Message 22 of 32
See Most Recent

Hung Parliament!  That went well, didn't it...?

Message 23 of 32
See Most Recent

Mixed emotion is what I felt at the end of it all! I think it was great to see the outcome in Scotland where sanity prevailed in many areas, and unionist voters made themselves heard again, in England however it was a different story, the lowlight of the night for me was the loss of Nick Clegg, finally punished for daring to prop up the tories, he was an honest politician and a first class orator and will be a loss to the.commons. The real impact on the nights proceedings was felt in many communities where students live, these bright young things were lured by the enticement of no student fees and they responded in their droves, as did many health professionals fearing about our NHS, the question is will the tories learn lessons from this? Modernising the NHS is essential but it is a national institution which is non negotiable,
Brexit should be a non party political issue and ought to be a cross party thing, it is what we voted for and the thoughts of all need to be considered,
Finally I think Theresa May is a spent force, she is tarnished by a poor performance and was in effect given a vote of no confidence, however if they think of replacing her with that idiot Boris then it will be the beginning of the end, time to bring forward some bright new talent like Heidi Allen who's head is firmly planted in the 21st Century get rid of a reliance on the Bullingdon boys once and for all!
Message 24 of 32
See Most Recent

IMO Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party were bribing the country and promising things which are impossible to deliver without a lot other sectors taking a big hit, anything to get his desperate pacifist butt into number 10.

Message 25 of 32
See Most Recent

Had to laugh at last nights Question Time when Shami Chakrabarti had the number of seats won by various parties written on her left palm. Despite that she still thought Corbyn won.....so what part of 318 v 264 couldn't she read?  a Baroness and CBE who honed her skills at the London School of Economics and Political Science a hotbed of breeding radicals if ever there was one.

Just a shame Diane Abbott didnt write her stats on her palm, she may still have a shadow job nerd

Message 26 of 32
See Most Recent

sorry 318 v 261 (at the time)...relying on Abbott memory not Shami crib sheet lol.

Message 27 of 32
See Most Recent

Well at least the 16-24 year olds wil now see the point of bothering to vote after Brexit and JC's student fee sweeteners.

I'll never forget the 'outrage' in the local pubs about brexit from that age group and every one I asked if they had voted had not;  they were either too hungover from the night before or couldn't be arrised to walk 100m to the polling station, or even be bothered to register to vote. 

Message 28 of 32
See Most Recent

Medialady,
I got a real roasting on twitter for referring to Sharmi Chickpeabutty in a negative light, did you know that she is considered to be one of the most powerful women in Britain. She would defend the indefensible, and often has!
Message 29 of 32
See Most Recent

To be fair Theresa May warned of a coalition of chaos propped up by extremist terrorist sympathisers.

She just didn't say she'd be leading it.scream

We are many,They are few
Message 30 of 32
See Most Recent

The Religious views (on Gay Rights, Abortion etc) of some inside the DUP, are little different to the views of many devote Christians, inside the Tory Party at all levels, including MPs

http://www.newstatesman.com/uk-politics/2010/04/conservative-christian

--------

btw

Just go and google -

Views of the Political parties in Northern Ireland on Gay Rights and Abortion

Only the Green Party (NI) come out unscathed

Message 31 of 32
See Most Recent

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

lionrampsm.gif

Did you see this cyclists helmetcam video of Corbyn outside the Clutha Al?

I Hadn't seen that

btw

I'd never heard of the Clutha until the Helicopter crash -

I remember it as the Merchant,

Message 32 of 32
See Most Recent