They've done it again!

The BBC have removed all links to regional news sites.

When I asked why they said "we have to remove these links because as a broadcaster we are bound by election rules to not highlight campaigning on polling day."

It's not "Polling Day" today!!!! Anyway, very few of those regional links are anything to do with any election reports, they're usually about local news items.

The BBC are far, far too ready to do that but don't take account of all their own news items which are directly concerned with Political/Election issues.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

They've done it again!

The Beeb are under a constant barrage of abuse with claims of biased reporting all the time. They are only supposed to report facts which show each party In a good light, they cannot win and would probably be better off abandoning news coverage altogether.
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

Watching the BBC News it's full of opinionated talk from reporters who think they know all. At times, there's an emphasis on criticism which certainly leads to thoughts of bias.

If they stuck to the FACTS and left out their "interpretations" and "explanations" from those who are full off their own opinionated self importance, the BBC would be far better thought of particularly if they git rid of "our so-and-so editor" and "our assistant so-and-so editor" along with all the other reporters with "titles".

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

I'm an old fuddy duddy who can remember watching Francis Durbage and bill and Ben, The Beeb is an institution which so many want to see the back of and doubtless will at some point. I don't have s problem with Laura Kuensberg or some of he others but I take your point.
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

The pompous know-alls will lead to the death of the BBC and it's high time someone took proper charge and weeded out all those.

It wouldn't do any harm to also teach those left how to speak properly and get back to something like received pronunciation. At the moment, there's far too much mumbling going on with wide variations in speech volume as they speak.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

Not long now, two hours to go and shortly after we'll get some exit polls.

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

So, the exit poll's predicting that there won't be an overall majority.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

BBC bias is no longer what the perceived thinking still is, in fact it's now the exact opposite

BBC News and BBC Politics departments are now under the management of People who worked for Tory Candidates -

Head of news is an ex Murdoch employee an Editor of the Times & ex-FT

Loads of their Reporters & Presenters now, are also ex Tory staff 

---------------

But there were some Great highlights overnight

This one being right at the Top

DB2wtXQUwAAgjXK.jpg

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

@al**bear wrote:

BBC bias is no longer what the perceived thinking still is, in fact it's now the exact opposite

BBC News and BBC Politics departments are now under the management of People who worked for Tory Candidates -

Head of news is an ex Murdoch employee an Editor of the Times & ex-FT

Loads of their Reporters & Presenters now, are also ex Tory staff 

---------------

But there were some Great highlights overnight

This one being right at the Top

DB2wtXQUwAAgjXK.jpg

Coming soon to a bookies near you.............

I'm a bit sarcy.
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

The know-all media personalities are having a field day and news sites are ram-jam full of politcal "news" which is not news. Speculation is rife and they're splothering out their views (= garbage) on what should happen now.

As for Corbyn saying he won the election and that he's "ready to serve", it seems his addition is somewhat faulty?

Even if he was supported by all the other parties, he still wouldn't have a majority,  Sinn Fein don't take up their seats so they're not counted. If such a coalition was cobbled together, what an absolute mess that would be?

The first two casualties have now gone, another pair of "experts" who seem to have got their "expert" advice somewhat convoluted? Good riddance.

As for the next week or so, it's going to be interesting to see what happens next?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

If there is a lesson to be taken from this it is that the Tory party needs to get rid of its stuffy image, and get rid of the Bullingdon club time to modernise and bring in a new young vibrant group of people who are both smart and have a conscience. Marxism does not work and needs to be kicked well and truly into the long grass!
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

Tory MP Nigel Evans: "Only thing missing from our manifesto was compulsory euthanasia for over 70s"

We are many,They are few
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

Well spotted joe! It was poorly put together and offered very little to the average man in the street. Unlike JC who was able to come up with give aways to the young and the old, he knew that the young would tag along with a few sweeties added so they did in their droves, I dunno about banning the Beeb I think that politicians should be banned from making offers that we cannot fund!
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

They've done it again!

Can you understand the unbelievable idiocy of the following?:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-40232464

Have a go? Running the country isn't like having a go at bingo. How on earth does she think they could run a government with nowhere near a majority?

Party politics can certainly get in the way of the efficient running of Government and all parties are guilty of that so how does she think she (and Corbyn) could get any legislation through Parliament without a working majority?

I don't know how long the current situation will last but usually such things don't last long. There's a possibility that they could string it out for some time but I'd be expecting that no matter what the proposals were that were put forward the opposition would vote against them. Time will tell?

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent