Well now. Guess who's a great, great dad for twins?

aye...... Me

My grand-daughter, Maisie, was due to deliver twins in early March but she had problems with the delivery on Dec 22nd so she was taken into Southampton where they could keep an eye on her better, but luckily, all was well and, although delivered so early, all 3 are doing well. Both babies are under 2lb each but are eating and breathing OK and Maisie is now home. The babies are still in the hospital but she can go and visit every day. Rvertone is happy and we have a pair of happy rwins born 22 years and 2 days after the mother was. Can't easily forget those birthdays can we? lol

Oh. nearly forgot. Babies are a girl and a boy, The girl is heavier and we know the names but best not to list them here just yet. The dad is Latvian from a family that have been here for 3 generations and the kids have names for the dad's grandmother and grandfather. It;s some kind of tradition as well as being called Agnes andStephen.

Poor beggars, lol.

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

CongratulationsSteve, I hope they continue to do well and get home soon.Woman Happy

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

,,,,,,,,,,.jpg..3.gif

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Many congratulations Steve..and a big 'Well Done' to your grand-daughter. Two beautiful Christmas Gifts to your family. Southampton Hospital looks after these tiny babies really well, so I'm sure they will continue to do well.
Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Many congratulations.  Didn`t think you were old enough to be a great granddad

Photobucket
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

What a wonderful gift this time of the year it's lovely they are doing well wee mights obviously have strong genes.

Well done great grandad. ☆
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

,,,,,.jpgRemember.Stevie..They have to be 6 weeks old before you learn them how to use a laptop..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Congratulations Steve and best wishes tae the wee yins for getting home soon.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

That's lovely!

Congratulations to the mum and dad, you and all your family Steve and all the very best wishes to the two new  wee members of the family.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Thanks Guys, I must say it was a hell of a shock.
Number 3 son was determined to drive down on Christmas morning but he got 60 miles down the road from Oswaldtwistle in just over 3 hours and gave it up as a bad job. He said that he could see about 3 miles down the M6 and the cars were chock-a-block with no sign of moving at all so he came home. Just as well really. The news later that night showed traffic well jammed up.

The kids, Archie and Kayla, are still in hospital but doing fine.

Oh Happy day.
Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Steve. Smiley Happy

A happy, healthy New Year to you and your family.

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

A most sincere congratulations to you and your family Stevie, what a wonderful couple of additions. How blessed to have twins. I know they will bring great joy. xx

It is already 4 years 18th Dec that my daughter blessed me with twin grandaughters and I have cherished every minute.xxx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

I knew it was all going to smoothly.

Kayla has been diagnosed with Downes Syndrome.

They are both gorgeous babies and nothing has changed that.

At least they both have 2 arms, 2 legs and a head each.

Maisie is turning out to b  fantastic mother, probably aided by 10 months of working with kids ages between 3 months and 4 years at a junior nursery. We all knew she'd be excellent.Mum

Stevie xxx

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

That must have been a shock for your family Steve...but you seem to be handling it just right. Little Kayla will be loved beyond measure, and the wonderful thing is that she has her brother to share her life with. Hats off to Maisie...she sounds like a lovely girl. Good luck to them all, and I hope they continue to do well. Xx
Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Congratulations Stevie. Children with Downs Syndrome have so much love to give and can enrich the lives of those around them. I wish you, the twins and your family all the very best. xx

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Congratulations, Stevie!  As long as Kayla is healthy, don't worry about the Downs Syndrome, opportunities for such children have changed so much over the years.  Our adopted daughter has it, and she's been such fun!

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

What you mean is then Steve you have a special great great grand son and an extra special great great grand daughter who will fill everyones life she meets with so much love that they will all feel so much better for having met her and fulfilling their lives.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Dark_castle ........ That's the way that we all see it. She's full of giggles even now.  Wether it's just wind or laughter, we don't know for sure. But that's how it is. I know 1 lad with Downe's Syndrome, he must be in his late 20's by now, and a more cheerfull sort of lad you'd be hard pressed to find. He has a mongrel dog that he takes eveywhere. Nobody ever has a bad word to say about him. In fact, I think that if anybody did, they'd have at least 20 or 30 of us to get through first, lol.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent