We are ALL going to live a lot longer

Butch Wilkins and Eric Bristows passing, reminded me

Yes - We are ALL going to live a lot longer,

according to Governments reasoning for raising Pension age.

But Just look on 'Another One Gone' thread,

shocking How many from  'Working Class' backgrounds,

don't even reach pension age, never mind collect some pension money back

Same as it ever was.

The pension age was set at 65, because that meant,

most 'Working Class' Men wouldn't make it to that age (& many Women)

Loads of the Middle Classes got great pensions,

meaning many could retire as early as 50, 55, 60

19225769_717693891772590_5065854509422440938_n.jpg

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think it's anything to do with your class Al..more to do with the genes you inherit, and how you look after yourself.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

On the BBC News website, it says that Eric Bristol 'smoked, drank, and lived on curry'. 😏

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I suppose if you are a rough sleeper you may well be doomed to an early grave, most of the seriously negative working class occupations have been eliminated, coal mining being a prime example, there is also far more protection for individual workers than ever b4
A national minimum wage, free healthcare etc etc. We are living longer than ever before, both of my grandfathers died in there late twenties In the late Victorian times! Both would have lived had they been born in the 20 th century. So I think you can be pessimistic about the plight of those using food banks however go back 100 years and you will see just how much progress has really been made.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

My grandfather was 84 when he died, my father was 85. Will I make 86?

GF used to smoke, one day he was coughing badly and granny said "You're coughing bad Jack". He replied "Aye, I think it's this danged pipe, go there" and he threw the pipe on the fire and never smoked again! He'd also been a drinker when young. He once had 20 pints, came home, slept for hours, went out and had three more, came home and passed out for three days.

My father smoked but gave up at 30. He also used to have a drink but I never saw him drunk.

I've never smoked and I've never been drunk. So, will that make any difference to me? I think with the majority of people it depends on your genes as to whether drinking and smoking affect your longevity. What's your view on it?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Smoking, drinking, sugar, salt, burgers etc etc....the list goes on.  If we gave up everything they say is bad for us I don't think we would live any longer - but it would feel like a long time.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent