The new Pound coin.

So, they've made the last round Pound coin? The new Pound coin will be 12-sided but what happens to (for example) all the trollies that take a Pound coin?

It'll be a big job converting them and it's going to be a bit of a nuisance in the interim when some places have them converted to take the new coin and others still take the round Pound?

It's also gonna make it more difficult for me to make a token intead of me using a coin? rant

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

The new Pound coin.

@cee-dee wrote:

So, they've made the last round Pound coin? The new Pound coin will be 12-sided but what happens to (for example) all the trollies that take a Pound coin?

It'll be a big job converting them and it's going to be a bit of a nuisance in the interim when some places have them converted to take the new coin and others still take the round Pound?

It's also gonna make it more difficult for me to make a token intead of me using a coin? rant

Make a few new pound coins instead,might take a bit longer but i.m sure it will be worthwhile

We are many,They are few
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

I don't think there will be a rush to convert shopping trollies, car parking machines etc. The old ones won't cease to be legal tender any time soon. The old pound notes that they replaced weren't withdrawn from circulation for five years. I read today that the new coins have been designed to fit existing mechanisms, so maybe no conversion will be needed. There are 1.5 billion of the old ones in circulation and over 2 million forgeries are detected every year, so there was an obvious need to replace them with something more secure.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

there are also trolley tokens.and i like the new coins and can understand why they are changing them as 1 in 4 of the old ones are fake .

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

The new pound coin looks great and has extra security features! 

It is recomended to start trading in your old £1 coins for new pound coins from March 2017 and you can learn how to do so by visiting the new pound coin info: http://newpoundcoin.weebly.com

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

The old pound coins will cease to be legal tender in October 2017

Photobucket
Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

All things that take pound coins, should be converted to taking tokens anyway. You could then buy tokens at designated outlets, or at the venues concerned. As far as any fraudulent activity taking place, at any venues that have things that take tokens, that's up to them to sort out.....not central government. People have been shoving all sorts of tokens and made up discs, into all sorts of machines for years anyway........if the venues haven't done anything about it by now; it's obviously not making a big enough dent in their profits, to bother them too much.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

I also like the new pound coin. Reminds me a lot of the old threepenny bit, that had twelve sides too. 

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

I agree with you on both counts, I too had a soft spot for the old threepenny bit. Any coin hat can be successfully copied for below its face value is asking for trouble and that is whats happenned with he current coin. Just out of interest does anyone know whether the new coin is suitable for vegans to use? 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

Oo, now that 'is' a question. Woman Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

List your round pounds here!

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

This is how bad the " FAKE " coin market has become, these coins were supposed to be state of the art minting; two of the series won the prestigious " Coin of the year " award.  The first one is a Fake and you can buy it on eBay for under £10.  The second is real and it will cost you £560.

Image result for mongolian wildlife protection series coins

Image result for mongolian wildlife protection series coins

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

The new Pound coin.

I am trying to collect the whole set before they disappear from tender.

There are 24 different designs, but some designs were issued in more than one year, making 45 altogether

I already have 33

Anyone else doing this?

Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent