The Lottery?

Do you play the lottery on the basis "you've got to be IN it to WIN it"?

Or, "Someone's got to win it, it might be me"?

Have you worked out the cost? No? £2 a go, twice a week is £208 a year. Do you win that much (or more) per year?

The odds are supposed to be 45 million to one. That seems a bit steep?

Great if you win, bit of a loser when you don't? Smiley FrustratedSmiley Sad

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

The Lottery?

Have not played the lottery for years, whilst I was on holiday I went to the local for a swift half, the landlord, a London gent spent a disproportionate amount of time on his laptop
Checking a shed load of lottery tickets, He was overjoyed at having won two lucky dips😳 So he must have money to burn and will soon be out of business.
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Smiley HappyEuro is £2.50p And Jacpot Is £167 Million Friday

Petal
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

So, how much have you "invested" in a year Petal and what return have you had?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

I've always done the same numbers since the lottery started and I've had a number of small wins around the £40 mark but since it changed to £2 a go the most I've won is a free go a couple of times.

Thinking of jacking it in to be honest but..........Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Smiley Happynot got a clue,  only gamble what you can aford.

Petal
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with that Petal.

We have always played the lottery. We never go on holidays, we don't drink, now only my husband smokes, so we can put a few pounds on the lottery every week. But most of the time it is just one number for the Eurolottery and one for the normal one. It's just a bit of fun and some of the money goes to good causes. As I don't give to any charities I'm doing my bit this way. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

I haven't done the Lottery for years. They are continually putting up the price and making it harder to win....sheer greed on their part. And the prize share-out is ridiculous...who needs to win over 100 millions pounds? It would be far better, and mor of an incentive if there were 100 people winning 1 million each. Or even 2 million people winning 500 thousand each. That would be much better, but they won't do that. Every time there is a huge jackpot, people rush like maniacs to get a ticket, pouring money into their coffers.  Gambling is a mugs game, I would prefer to give that money to an animal charity...where it would do more good.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Excellent idea Astro, here's a worthy cause for your consideration Smiley Very Happy

http://britishspiders.org.uk/wiki2015/index.php?title=Main_Page

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Thanks J. d.....You've put me off my lunch! Now I've got to go and check my doors again. Grrrrrr!

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

The Lottery?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem with winning that much money. There are so many people that need help in this world. I could easily get through 150 million. If I would only win a million or 500.000 I would sort myself and the kids out, maybe some for a few other family members and friends, but that would be it. Helping on a big scale would give me much more satisfaction.

Anyway you can't be sitting on the beach all day, so finding worthy causes would be a great thing to do...and making sure that it gets where it supposed to go and not in the pockets of some greedy people at the head of some charity.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent