The Beige thread

In the interests of balance and harmony I thought it prudent to post a new soft thread, non controversial, oozing with froth, cotton wool and toasted marshmallows. No naughty words, suggestive comment or smuttiness. We can mention the WI or lace making, the great british bake off minus the cream horns. So here we go my contribution shows just how broad the Beige spectrum is.

50-Shades-Beige.001.jpg

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

The Beige thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit risky isn't it.

erzso photo www_tvn_hu_7bec1af5e42bae4831d65962_1.gifbeige photo: beige beige.gif
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

I dislike both brown and beige

The thing that i associate with beige is old people and retirement .

having realised what a bleep colour they are, ebay removed them from the Text colour on here.

hands up if you wear beige or have beige furnishings, and what do you find attractive about the colour.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

Hands-Up-001.jpg

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

Oh no! Not Beige! I hate Beige....of any shade. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, and my Mum bought my sister and I new coats in what she called 'Camel', but which was really beige. I detested that coat, and was very happy when I accidentally dropped ink on it at Sunday School....and never had to wear it again. It also reminds me of my late Father in law's button up woolly cardigan. Ugh! If I need a neutral colour, I think Grey is much nicer.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

Hey Archie....what's wrong with lace-making? Hand made lace is very beautiful and making it is very therapeutic. I used to spend many happy hours making lace...it does need great concentration, and very good eyesight, but weaving those little bobbins is a bit like repeating a mantra. Can't do it any more now....the eyesight isn't what it used to be...😥

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

@astrologica wrote:

Oh no! Not Beige! I hate Beige....of any shade. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, and my Mum bought my sister and I new coats in what she called 'Camel', but which was really beige. I detested that coat, and was very happy when I accidentally dropped ink on it at Sunday School....and never had to wear it again. It also reminds me of my late Father in law's button up woolly cardigan. Ugh! If I need a neutral colour, I think Grey is much nicer.

2 thumbs up.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

My hand is up. I only have a few bits and chose them because I needed something neutral - not because I find it attractive. I guess neutral is the operative word - not nice, not nasty, just non descript. I think a much nicer neutral colour is eau-de-nil.  That said, most of my carpets are grey - also neutral and goes with anything, but more interesting than beige.

I think someone has tried to liven up beige - isn't it now called taupe. A rose by any other name...............

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

Taupe is a darker shade, I believe.  Much more interesting.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

The Beige thread

I thought a darker shade of beige was fawn. As in archies OP - Fifty shades of beige.Smiley LOL

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent