The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Saudi Mufti says deaths "beyond human control"

With over 700 pilgrims crushed to death in a stampede surely it's time that such events were subjected to greater scrutiny and planning. It is difficult to understand why a high profile event of great significance is allowed to continue regardless? S...

Nice.

http://www.metaspoon.com/bride-wedding-performance-song/?fb=676M1gbd4599tA&utm_source=676M1gbd4599tA

The Beige thread

In the interests of balance and harmony I thought it prudent to post a new soft thread, non controversial, oozing with froth, cotton wool and toasted marshmallows. No naughty words, suggestive comment or smuttiness. We can mention the WI or lace maki...

#Piggate

I saw "Piggate" was trending on Twitter, but didn't have enough time to read up on what it was all about. Can anyone shed a light on the subject?

Rid Us Of This Tory Governmenment

Why is it I hear this phrase; "Rid Us Of This Tory Government", and others more disparaging so often? Jerry Corby said it during his speech to the TUC conference, Ed Balls said it while being interviwed on Radio 4 during the Labour leadership campaig...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

The 'RANT THREAD' (thread).

So, what gets up your hooter ? What makes your hackles rise, so much so that even just thinking about it, practically induces an apoplectic fit ? Could be anything, a news item, something you encounter in everyday life, drivers/driving, work/housewor...

Nurses told to stop using 'dearie' and 'love'

Nurses are being told not to call older patients "dearie" or "love" as they are deemed as offensive under new guidelines from the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Nurses have been told to use patients' preferred names and should speak "courteousl...

Petrol is best!

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mortgages-bills/diesel-drivers-could-face-new-pollution-charge-for-city-driving-11364003876950 Won't do a lot for the sale of diesel cars

offensive and cruel product

I don't know if I am in the right place to post this but felt I should make my thoughts on this product known, and ask if others felt the same. As I was browsing ebay looking for a new lead for my pup I came across something called 'Prong Pinch Choke...

Is the new Labour leader a beacon for the future?

Watching the announcement confirming Jeremy Corbyn as the new labour leader I wondered whether this signalled a real change in politics in the UK or simply a backlash over the move to the centre under Tony Blair. In a funny kind of way we have someon...

Resolved! For the last week I have been plagued by an advertising popup that follows all over eBay pages

Hopfully this is the correct board to post this message. I would appreciate if anyone can explain how to get rid of an annoying advertising popup that manifests itself over eBay pages. It obscures text and images of items I am looking for oneBay. I h...

Meanwhile in conservative Stroud............

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/05/why-were-ready-to-open-our-homes-to-refugees Stroud, a conservative Gloucestershire town, can’t fix the refugee crisis on its own – but a small movement is brewing there. "Stroud mayor Kevin Cranston, who ...

Plane on fire.

Planes on fire..I must get my hand luggage and get off... http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34191035?post_id=10205411801427948_10206183828248136

More man made rules..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230133/Catholics-remarry-divorced-senior-cardinals-say-abstain-sex.html ..Catholics can now remarry after they are divorced, senior cardinals say... but only if they abstain from sex Proposal was put forward b...

The EBay App.

Does anyone on here use the EBay App on their IPad? If so...have you been having any problems with it recently? It seems to be going awry and I'm wondering if they are tinkering with it again.

Aircraft incidents and accidents

I've never been involved in a civilian accidents but I can recall a few "panicky" moments for your delrctation and amusement.The first was a flight leaving Manchester heading for Las Vegas. We were about 15 minutes into the flight and all the warning...

BA plane fire on Las Vegas runway

Have you seen the pictures coming from this One thing that struck Me, was the amount of people who are off the plane WITH THEIR CARRY ON LUGGAGE Yes, the large bags on wheels you store in the overhead lockers If you held me up getting off a plane on ...

The proper way to end a Conference?

A homeopathy conference has ended in chaos in Germany after dozens of delegates took a LSD-like drug and started suffering from hallucinations.A german broadcaster described the 29 men and women “staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibber...

Syria Drone Attack

So the Government of the day has chosen to use a drone in order to target two known extremists. Their deaths have led to cries of foul from opposition parties who question the legality of this action. The SNP going as far as to suggest that the gover...

Migrants pouring in

Yes Spring is upon us so what Bird tells you Spring is here and have you spotted one? Looking for Ospreys, Chif chafs, Cuckoos,, Swallows, Swifts or Martins, eyes to the sky, what have you spotted? These miracles of nature fly thousands of miles to b...

Is Sniffing now socially acceptable.

I don't know if it's just me but the demise of the Handkerchief seems to have encouraged an epidemic of sniffing. Sit in any public place with others around and you will hear sniffing. Not to smell as if imitating a search dog but to prevent a nasal ...

The BBC in trouble again

An expert from the BBC show 'Eggheads' claims he was rejected by Strictly Come Dancing because he wanted a same-sex partner.CJ de Mooi, who is gay, says they opted for the show's host, Jeremy Vine, instead because of his request.He says his manager h...

Solved

When you see a green tick next to a thread and you hover over it with your cursor the word solved comes up, so I click on the thread and for the life of me I could not find the solution?