Storms and Hurricanes

I know that storms and hurricanes are given names.

Latest Storm has caused a lot of destruction overseas and given the unusual name of Ophelia

What happens when it gets here.  It becomes Storm Brian.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Storms and Hurricanes

Wrong, Ophelia has been and gone. Brian is a new one.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Storms and Hurricanes

A pedant writes "Actually they're not the same storm, Ophelia was an ex-hurricane"

That said (and being in the darkest West Country) I'm wandering around singing "Brian, the Storm they called Brian" in a kind of sub-Monty Python vibe and waiting for the worst.

Also Kat hiding under bed, always a bad sign

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Storms and Hurricanes

Ophelia formed closer to the US in the tropics or subtropics and was named by the US, before it came over here so retained its name. The US was on 'O' in their alphabet of hurricanes and major storms.
Brian, about to arrive, is our 2nd major storm of the season.

Hang on in there kat! And avoid large trees! I was planning to be in my campervan in Cornwall but decided to postpone until Brian has passed. Didn't fancy rocking wildly on a cliff top or dodging trees!
You are right - how can anyone take a storm called Brian seriously?! He's a very naughty boy 😄 Hugs to the cat
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Storms and Hurricanes

@kidmore_kats wrote:

That said (and being in the darkest West Country) I'm wandering around singing "Brian, the Storm they called Brian" in a kind of sub-Monty Python vibe and waiting for the worst.

Brian is not a Hurricane - He's just a very naughty Storm

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent