Spiders?

It's Spider time, they're coming in.........

Have you had any?I've had five big ones come in this last week or so.

Afraid of Spiders? Do you put them outside or squash 'em?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Spiders?

I don't kill anything if I can help it.  They get put outside - but NOT by me !!!Woman LOL

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

I would put them outside, no reason to kill them.

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

CeeDee...just seeing the printed word 'S*****'...it makes my head tingle. I have a very bad spider phobia, and I absolutely dread this time of year. Everyone keeps saying 'I had a huge spider in my house today'..it gives me the heebie jeebies. All throughout the year, I can't have my doors open, or the windows, just in case they come in. The Windows that I do have to open are permanently netted up so nothing can crawl in. Conkers don't work. I have various different spider catchers and when I do have to catch one...it's got to die. It doesn't get a second chance of entering my house. I know that the phobia is completely ridiculous, but I can't help it, and the older I get, the more scared of them I get. I opened my newspaper the other day to see an article with a big picture of a house spider, telling me how huge they are this year...just what I wanted to know. At the moment I am on high alert, and my anxiety levels are sky high. You need to net your windows CeeDee, unless you actually like the horrible things!

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

I would like to add, just in case I come across as a murderous old bat, that they are the only living things that I can kill. I occasionally get rats in the garden and I can't even kill them. Nothing else scares me, rats, mice, snakes, bats etc...only those horrible eight legged beasties. They have to die.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Astro, I have great empathy for you, I am exactly the same. I'm not phased by anything else but those horrible things. I too have to kill them to get rid of them. You can imagine how guilty I feel as they too are Gods creatures but fear definitely takes over.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Spiders do a great job keeping the number of flies contained, but they do seam to turn up in the same places, the bathroom is their favourite domain in our house and one inevitably turns up when one is doing ones ablutes! I simply put a glass over them until I am able to move at which point I slide a piece of paper under and free the arachnid 🕷 into the wild. No need to kill them and my back door is always open, however we do get visited by the occasional toad which waltzes into the house and scares the dogs😃
Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Archie, You are correct..they are supposed to keep the flies down, but I have several carnivorous plants for that job. And they work! I would rather have the flies than the spiders. They can't get in my sinks or Bath...the plugs are always in and the overflows taped over.

All these 'safety' measures are very wearying, but it does give me a little peace of mind that I have all entrances covered. 

I LOVE frogs and toads...I wish I had one in my house! When I got my cat, I thought she would be my protector and kill spiders for me, but she is a pathetic wimp,scared of them too! And she is scared of the frogs in my garden.

I will be happier when October is over!

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Busty...I feel for you. I know how you suffer. It's a real handicap, and I hate myself for being such a wimp in the presence of one of these wonderful creatures. I quite like garden spiders and have watched them making their webs in the garden for ages this year. They are fascinating, and they could teach us all the value of perseverance.

All I can say to you is.....don't go in your allotment shed...they love it in sheds!😧😧

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

.spider_1_tr.gif

Petal
Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

6 giant house spiders so far, all looking for Doris: Boris, Maurice, Horace, Stuart, Kevin and Fred. No i won't kill them, they will die soon as winter approaches.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Petal. grin

I'm scared of them too. I once lived in a house that was invested with them. My hubby must have killed at least 400 of them in the first 3 months. We lived there for a year. I was a nervous wreck by the end of it.

It depends a bit of the size nowadays if I freak out or not. Still I want them dead if they are in my house. I won't kill them outside, but my house is my domain and if they enter they will be killed. Not by me, I'm actually scared of killing them myself. Even that leaves me trembling for ages after.

I haven't seen any spiders in the house yet and didn't need the reminder really. sob Now I will be on my guard. My cats have always been pretty useless when it come to eat them. Who can blame them really.

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

😧🕷🔨🗑😀👍😄

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Never been afraid of spiders.  I think that they are more afraid of me.

In fact, I have had tarantulas as pets in the past.

I just leave them be, not doing me any harm.  Keeps the flies and creepy crawlies down.

Not particularly afraid of, more dont like much are flying daddy long legs and moths.

A friend often gets big spiders in his house.  He had one once which lived in a wall crevice, and he called it Fred.

He also gets

When I was a bus driver, I was asked one day, by a 6ft male bus driver, to remove a big

spider from the sink in the gents loo.

They knew I had a tarantula, and none of the so called macho men would touch it.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the cats I had a few years ago was great at catching flies. He had very long legs, could jump really high and he was like lightening.

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

All the cats I've had chased, caught and ate spiders!! Some of the dogs I've had did likewise but a few of them wouldn't go near them.

All you spider lovers should read this:-

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/neston-gardener-nearly-died-after-13709...

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Spider pic.jpg

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There you go! So being afraid of spiders isn't so irrational after all. scream

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

No, some jump and then there's those that BITE.

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Spiders?

A friend of mine used to catch them with his hand and put them outside, then one day he did it and got bitten, his hand swelled up like a
Balloon, seems to be the ones with the short thick legs that do the most nipping, so choose wisely🕷
Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent